Discuss Special locations swimming pools in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Extent of Zone 2 for Swimming pools.
Guys

I have an existing TP&N D.B located in a store room where the entrance door is approx 3M from the edge of the swimming pool. If you were to walk into the store room the DB is immediately on your right so it is in theory in Zone 2.
As Fig 702.3 page 177 (BS7671).
As the door has a digilock to gain entry would that mean that it outside the scope of the special location or is it still classed as Zone 2 which would mean installing an RCD to the incoming side of the DB.

Reply to Special locations swimming pools in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need 6 switching light circuits to control 12V LED light in Zone 1 of a pool, the problem is that Zone 1 is as you open the door to the...
Replies
Views
I was just reading the Building regs (as you do when you are a very sad person:drunk:) and there is a difference in the definition of special...
Replies
Views
Geoffsd
G
W
Doing an install at a private house, outside swimming pool and adjacent changing room, are there any requirements for the changing area, only a...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
Have to put right a badly installed swimming pool light installation. The outdoor swimming pool has mains voltage ground lights surrounding it...
Replies
Views
Not having used the dreaded Part P for a while I always took the Special location as from the Part P document 2006 as the following, "Locations...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock