Discuss Spot the obvious but DANGEROUS mistake in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to the forum Wayne :)

I take it you are refering to the fact the isolation switch is upside down and the stickers have been swapped over to compensate for it... Dangerous??... do you mean the switch is on when it says off!

Welcome to the forum Wayne :)

I take it you are refering to the fact the isolation switch is upside down and the stickers have been swapped over to compensate for it... Dangerous??... do you mean the switch is on when it says off!

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes the switch is closed when it's in the off position. I assume this has come from the manufacturer like this and the installer has just fitted it and not noticed it???

That's why you always check it with a tester before touching :) I would not of guessed without your clue, Looks like the fixing screw are not in properly either ,(probable Because its upside down)

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes the switch is closed when it's in the off position. I assume this has come from the manufacturer like this and the installer has just fitted it and not noticed it???

Im sorry but 'not noticed it'!.. likely incompetence comes to mind, post installation testing, even functional testing would have all high-lighted this, more like the installer fitted it upside down and thought nowt of just turning the lables the otherway without thinking of the obvious danger, the fact they left it like this points a heavy finger to them been behind the whole inverted switch error, its even moulded L1 L2 L3 on the incoming side so more than enough opportunities to spot the error IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.

I dont think it would come from the manufacturer like this, as all the panels i have fitted always come with a separate incomer not fitted , i think this was was down to yhe installer by why they did they not just turn the switch round the right way , it would only took 10 mins

You can see the repositioned labels are a different size, the space to fit them each side of the switch being a different width due to lock off point. There really are some dangerous dipsticks out there.

Reply to Spot the obvious but DANGEROUS mistake in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net