Discuss Stairway LED advice please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

ryanluo23

DIY
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I can get some advice on some stairway LED lights.

These lights are approx 5 years ago and has all except for one has been failing. Upon closer inspection, I realise the entire housing is wired and the LED component is solder on.

I was wondering if its possible to replace just the LED strip component via a qualified electrician as I prefer to retain the housing.

any advice is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

View attachment image1.png

Is the manufacturer marked on them anywhere?
You may be able to purchase replacements from them or a distributor.

Have a look at the original invoice if you bought them yourself or ask the spark if they were a supply and fit job if they can remember where they came from.

Sorry, couple of long shots really but worth a few phone calls?

Is the manufacturer marked on them anywhere?
You may be able to purchase replacements from them or a distributor.

Have a look at the original invoice if you bought them yourself or ask the spark if they were a supply and fit job if they can remember where they came from.

Sorry, couple of long shots really but worth a few phone calls?

tried contacting the manufacturer and they were less than helpful and simply just said that there is no replacement that can be purchased unless i decide to change the whole housing.

I very much prefer the look of the housing thus the original question - seems like quite a waste to have to go through this exercise whenever the led dies every 3-4 years?

Do you have the make And part number?
Many reputable led suppliers have a long (up to 5 year) warrenty

unfortunately I think its a case of replace the fitting with a new one.
if you diy change the led chip and then find its a power supply issue, it will annoy you at best.

at least if you buy a complete fitting then you have spare power supply too.

Reply to Stairway LED advice please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net