Discuss Stopping at traffic lights in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pointed out to my sons a little observation I made
Until the evidence was shoved in front of their eyes they thought I was talking crap

99 out of 100 women will stop 3 -5 yards before the white line at a Tee junction :confused:
For some reason they will not ever approach that line

When you become aware of the phenomena, it becomes incredulous to watch women at a junction,theyhave no hope of seeing traffic flow,or when to pull out,there needs to have about 10 miles of no vehicles before they have any chance of pulling out confidently

Look out for this in future

It's not just the first car but often those behind it as well - they come to a stop a car length away from the vehicle in front, then shuffle forwards, creating a car length gap behind, so everyone else has to shuffle forwards.
I suggest some people find it difficult to judge where they should stop.

Can anyone explain why a lot of drivers stop a car length from the white line at traffic lights? Totally baffles me, but so many drivers do it I thought there must be a reason.
I got done for speeding last year, and my punishment was a safe driving course or 3 points and a fine, no contest really, they alsp explained that it is advisable if you are the first car to stop at the lights to stop a cars length back from the white line to allow emergency vehicles the room to get by, can't see the logic, but apparently it is advisable.

Was doing my RoSPA advanced driver training and they advise the Tyres and Tarmac way for when pulling up behind a vehicle as you need to see both and have room to manoeuvre, I tried to explain that in London if everyone drove that way then the congestion would be far worse then it already is.

Pointed out to my sons a little observation I made
Until the evidence was shoved in front of their eyes they thought I was talking crap

99 out of 100 women will stop 3 -5 yards before the white line at a Tee junction :confused:
For some reason they will not ever approach that line

When you become aware of the phenomena, it becomes incredulous to watch women at a junction,theyhave no hope of seeing traffic flow,or when to pull out,there needs to have about 10 miles of no vehicles before they have any chance of pulling out confidently

Look out for this in future

Unless they are BMW drivers, then apparently it's compulsory to put the first 2 foot of your car over the line

Reply to Stopping at traffic lights in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net