Discuss Strange Monitoring behaviour in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

To avoid too techy questions, i am the consumer not he installer. I have raised the issue with my installer who is researching it, i'm posting here incase any of you have seen this before and have any suggestions. So , I have a hybrid inverter with storage attached and a regular PV inverter. Both go to a new consumer unit which is connected to the meter(grid) via a henley block (easier for the installer to run the cables down to the external meter housing than try and add inside. The CT clamp that goes to the hybrid inverter is on the grid side of the henley block and from what i can see the CT direction arrow is pointing towards to grid. The system works fine as far as i can tell, however... when the sun comes up and the PV inverter comes back on line (the hybrid is always on as its connected to batteries) the monitoring app (Solis app or solis cloud) show the generation from PV correctly (from both arrays), the battery charging correctly, BUT the draw from grid and house load is totally haywire. Generally it shows 0 load in house and huge loads going to the grid. When the sun goes down, all reverts to normal and it displays what seem to be reasonable figures. ie battery discharging, if U I put too many appliances on it'll draw from grid, battery and grid supply add up to load... I've drawn as best i can a logical diagram to show whats where.

Solar Logical diagram.jpg

grateful for any suggestions / insights

cheers
Gareth

So spoke to Solis - this should work fine in their opinion, I need to do some trouble shooting, first step is to isolate both inverters, then load the system and the export meter should show a negative matching the load. Then take it from there. Will keep posting if it gets resolved.

Reply to Strange Monitoring behaviour in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net