Discuss strange want? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as title. has anyone recently stripped out a wylex rewireable board? i need the ( is it 5419) main switch for one. reason being that this morning i went on a EICR for a client who is selling the house. on or 2 problems with the installation, but my immediate problem is that standing with 1 foof on the steps, the other in free space trying to access the stupidly positioned CU, under the stairs with a daft pendant light with a silly shade 1 ft. directly infront of the CU, removing the CU cover and the stupid main switch toggle snapped off. now there is a VOLCB next to the CU to isolate if necessary, so i've left it safe. however, the client is a funny bugger and will probably say " you broke it, you fix it". so what i need is the main switch assembly maybe with the busbar attached for a 6 way board. obviously off a scrapper.

Bit of a long shot here, I removed one last weekend. I'm going back to the job tomorrow, if we are lucky enough and the 'other' wheelie bin has been emptied I will retrieve it for you
Will try but can't promise

I have one somewhere in my garage ....... white 6 way I think. I'll have a look tomorrow in the daylight as I haven't got leccy in me garage ..... been too scared about doing that since reading the many posts on this forum about wiring garages / sheds / outhouses .........

I'm sure I have some in the shed tel, Let me know if you would like to confirm and send to you :thumbsup

It's the least I can do after all the great advice you have provided me with in the past :)

The switch comes off the board , I've taken one off just now; it's brown . PM me your address if you want it and I will post it first thing Monday.

I've got a spare 12 way rewireable complete and in good nick, but that will be twice the price of a 6 way board. However, I was keeping it for a CU change in another property although I could be persuaded to let it go !

Reply to strange want? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net