Discuss Stroma assessment this year anyone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Stroma (or it may have been Napit) gave me a call a month ago to collect their yearly subscription fee. I paid and received the paperwork saying I was registered for another year. No word of any assessor coming though. I wonder if they are forgoing it this year. Has anyone else actually had an assessor visit recently or has your registration been started up again for another year automatically?

It was a little amusing during the phone conversation. She said you could choose to go with Napit from now on for roughly £500 or stay with Stroma for one more year for approx £350. Tough call!

Maybe they are risk assessing it. If you have been registered with several adequate assessments then skipping a year is no real risk. If you are newly registered or inexperienced then maybe you will get an annual visit from the area assessor?

Maybe they are risk assessing it. If you have been registered with several adequate assessments then skipping a year is no real risk. If you are newly registered or inexperienced then maybe you will get an annual visit from the area assessor?
You're probably right Gavin but I thought I'd see if anyone else had had the same.

I have jumped ship to NAPIT with a good deal/discount, I should think so too! They have extended my STROMA as trust mark had suspended me so had a little runaround on that one! They then sent me full competency cert. Assessment next Monday over phone and a quick visit apparently. Bit miffed as they had no risk assessment for commercial install, so I am having to go with a domestic install, they said they have seen my commercial and are happy with that so....yeh, bit mixed up but the covidians have covered that with the usual.

did mine last week....20 mom phone call on the Monday 10 min site visit on the Tuesday.....this is bearing in mind I renewed my subscription in March ?

Renewed in September over the phone. When my diary was filling up in July/August, I'd pencilled in a couple of "slack days" at the start/end of Sept to fit in the assessment... I said, "well I'm booked up about a month in advance, can you give me any clue about when it will be to help me organise my diary?" They said, "I can't really say." After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, we got down to, "Probably December at the very earliest could well be later." Been with them 4 years now, never any issues - I leave them alone, they leave me alone; and on previous inspections always have all the paperwork nicely stacked out on the kitchen table ready, along with the Nice Posh Biscuits and the kettle freshly boiled, it's all gone very smoothly.

I feel for those waiting for their first assessment though, must be so frustrating.

I renewed with Stroma back in July and they are due to phone me on thursday the 5th and site visit on the 6th. Been with them for 8 years so they know what my standard of work is like. They sent me a risk assessment form for the site visit. I'm taking mine to an agricultural barn with only cows so very low risk from covid. Not done any domestic jobs other than faults and call outs due to the pandemic! much safer on farms with animals than in houses I think!

I dont get inspected every year with napit, been with them 8 years, and they inspected me with the company I was with prior to that for 5 years too, so know I'm ok, he says there a lot of people out there they have to keep a closer eye on!

From your replies it looks like I may get a visit then, but not for a while. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Ps.. @happysteve Your kitchen table sounds like mine on assessment day. All the paperwork laid out ready so that there are no complications. I have a stroma checklist that I get out once a year before hand to make sure I don't miss anything!

Just summoned to send a stack of docs to NAPIT by email. Duly complied. Didn't have the log for complaints though. S'pose I could do a spreadsheet or summat unless you guys have something?

Just summoned to send a stack of docs to NAPIT by email. Duly complied. Didn't have the log for complaints though. S'pose I could do a spreadsheet or summat unless you guys have something?
This is the one I've had every year since I started with NICEIC and gets a tick on their list every year - maybe one year I'll have to add something to it!

Attachments

• File9265.pdf
    232 KB · Views: 37
So had the phone thing with NAPIT today. Some good questions, had to know your stuff especially commercial. One which threw me was "What is the minimum cpc csa for external bollard lighting" Any takers? Wednesday is the site visit.

One of the special locations for street furniture, not got the book to hand.

Reply to Stroma assessment this year anyone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock