Discuss subbing help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

shagg

Hi people, I'm in a really tiswas i'v been given a really good opportunity to go self-employed. two companys that i use to work for have both guaranteed me a reg 2/3 day a week each:D (one is even willing to draw a contract up if i want one) :rolleyes:

The problem i'v got is i havn't got i clue how much to charge them as a day/hourly rate or how to go about subbing to a company:confused: so any help and advice well be welcomed.

P.S. I havn't got to worry about matts because everythings going on their accounts or part p because their registed all i have sought out is my van and insurance and of course tax:p

Only you can really decide on what you are worth, but the general hourly rate is 20-25/hr, or, if its a day then maybe 160-170, especially if all you have to do is go to the job and not have to supply any materials or belong to a scheme etc.

You will also need to be registered for CIS through HMRC, which means you will get taxed on your invoice amount before they pay you.

At least that way its paid as you go and you wont have to find it at the end of the financial year.

Good luck.

Thank's for replying Jason.S ,Are them rates london based as i'm in nottingham? and do you have to register for the CIS scheme as i'm planing on doing my own private jobs as well in the future?

I personally wouldnt worry about the rate of London to Nottingham. If you put in say £25 and they dont like it then your open for neogotiations.
Id rather put in too much and be knocked down then go in too low and be snapped up.
When I worked on the East Midlands Parkway train station at Christmas I was getting £150 a day, board in the Premier Inn and £20 a day food allowance. I was right opposite Hooters!!!!!

I was doing the carpark CCTV install and spent all day sitting in the van for 10 days waiting for the civils to tarmac and complete the carpark and put the CCTV and lighting posts in!

Reply to subbing help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock