Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Subcontractors and tax in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello everyone I have just had my napit assessment today and passed with flying colors I work as a maintenance spark full time but am going to do some installation work in my spare time as I have a lot of rest days, I am from an installation background originally. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to whether I could use a labourer to help me with big jobs such as rewires on a casual basis and how I would put this through my books particularly if the labourer was not self employed themselves, would I have to pay tax on the full bill and then pay them out of what's left? I am not used to self employed tax arrangements.

Aico 3000 Range

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
The simple solution is to find a labourer who is self employed.

If they are not self employed then you'll have to employ them, pay them, deduct tax and NI, provide a pension, pay holiday and sick pay etc etc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers for the feedback guys pretty much as I thought, so if they were self employed they would just issue my an invoice for some labour then I take it?

D

Deleted member 26818

The wages you pay out (however you do it), would be an expense so you wouldn’t pay tax on them.

JK-Electrical

-
Arms
Esteemed
I'd advise you to familiarise yourself with CIS:

N

Nigel

You need the consider IR35. If said labourer is working for you as a PAYE person would but you are paying them on a SE basis HMRC will come after you both for tax avoidance and interest.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to Subcontractors and tax in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom