Discuss Suggested New Forum Area in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Graeme Harrold

Hi all, not been on here for a while, but have been taken over by the world of Automation. This is a massive growth sector in the UK and is screaming out for #SmartSparks to get up to speed with systems & installation. I am trained and knowledgeble on a couple of very flexible and intelligent systems and can provide pointers and advice to others wishing to enter this sphere.

Hopefully this can be added as a general electrical area where the questions can be asked....

Simply look at the automation in cars, then compare to homes....You'll soon see the huge void potential customers can be up-sold to make home/business life as simple as what you have on the commute...

Ive also starred in a Channel 4OD short program, so feel free to watch.... goo.gl/wQMq1W

As much as I find home automation genuinely interesting there is very little demand for it. Too expensive for your average joe. It is difficult enough trying to "up sell" the required bare minimum to the majority of them!!

Its not that hard to sell once you get your head round it. Yes sure there are some expensive systems out there Crestron, Control4, KNX, but take a look at Loxone and HDL as lower cost options.

Thanks for the suggestion Graeme, it's certainly a possibility for a new forum or possibly even a sub-forum. We don't at present have an industrial automation forum for the MODBUS and CANBUS PLC guys either but there's a fairly limited number of threads started about this topic. Similarly I also thought that hobby automation devices such as Arduino and RaspberryPI might at some stage warrant a forum of their own if they took off for electrical control and domestic automation but again, we've had so few threads about them that they're obviously not that popular or maybe the existing support and community is already so extensive elsewhere that any forum here would be redundant.

I wonder if there could be a market for Fully Automated Forum Mods. ???

I can picture it now - Marvo booling about on his little wheels waving his ban stick about while chanting in a Dalek voice "I am a mod .. ban them ...... ban them BAN THEM!!!!!!":laugh:

Reply to Suggested New Forum Area in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock