Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Supply to flats in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So I'm confused... this is a supply cupboard for 6 flats. My understanding is that the red cut outs are supposed to be links.. but some have a "80A FUSE" label on them.

Also, if they are links, where is the service fuse?

And if I assume they are 80A fuses, the 100A crabtree fuse above looks a poor choice.. that's before you take into account it's 16mm t&e coming out of the submain. Am I missing something here?

20200226_131540.jpg

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I'm confused... this is a supply cupboard for 6 flats. My understanding is that the red cut outs are supposed to be links.. but some have a "80A FUSE" label on them.

Also, if they are links, where is the service fuse?

And if I assume they are 80A fuses, the 100A crabtree fuse above looks a poor choice.. that's before you take into account it's 16mm t&e coming out of the submain. Am I missing something here?

View attachment 56196
Now sorted. Cheers.

Pretty sure there should be fuses fitted instead of red links looking at the MSDB.
Also wondering why the need for a 3 phase meter when it is only supplies a single phase for the landlord supply?

Sintra

Admin
Supporter
No the red links should be links. If the Crabtree fuses are overrated for the 16mm submains then these need to be changed.

Pretty sure there should be fuses fitted instead of red links looking at the MSDB.
Also wondering why the need for a 3 phase meter when it is only supplies a single phase for the landlord supply?
3 phase meter would seem to indicate one overall building owner, with the other individual SP meters serving the individual flats. They 3P meter can also be used as a check for energy use and, depending where this is installed, be a building regulation / BREEAM requirement.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Fuses will be in the MSDB so no need for a second fuse in each cutout. The cutout is there purely as a means of isolation.

Reply to Supply to flats in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom