Discuss SWA Thinner than expected. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

no Lucien..
CSA is all about the conductor area...
not airspace between strands...

I don't get your point here, Glenn. What I meant was that shaped conductors look smaller for the same CSA because there's less airspace. But unlike circular conductors you can't prove what the CSA actually is by measuring the strands with a mike.

We had some crap cable from a reputable wholesaler some years back.
A 35mm lug fit onto the (supposedly) 50mm cores.The outer sheath was brittle and split if you tried to bend it. We also had splits in the conductor insulation. The whole construction of the cable was shoddy and unsuitable, this was evident just by looking at it !

This stuff had BS numbers and BASEC approved stamped all over it.

Get your own cable and save yourself some nuggetache.

Reply to SWA Thinner than expected. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi We recently had an 7kW EV charger installed. Due to the consumer unit being situation within the kitchen of our bungalow, the cable needed to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock