Discuss SWA/wiska box/piranha nuts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Some assistance please.
simple job really, 3-core 4mm SWA to be glanded into a box with a 20mm S gland, and piranha nut.
I'm not familiar with the Wiska brand, but as it gets a good name I thought I'd try a couple. Was looking at the 206, but frankly I get easily confused so maybe one of you might suggest the best box.
Thank you.

I think the whisker boxes are pre threaded to 20mm thus been plastic are not really suitable for swa earthing, the piranha nut simply will not fit, I would get a standard IP rated plastic box and gland as normal using the earth ring or piranha nut as required.

Aren't they threaded 20mm entries, P. Have a job on with the earth locking nut. Get the metal plate arrangement for internal earth linking.

I have some Piranhas though...
maybe just go with a plain box, and try the Wiska range another time.
so many plain IP rated boxes to choose from, so that's maybe my easiest solution.
I thank you all for your input...much appreciated, and gratefully received. :)

I personally have not tried a piranha nut thingy , I usually just put the bangos on the inside kink them up and bolt together,,,,

I personally have not tried a piranha nut thingy , I usually just put the bangos on the inside kink them up and bolt together,,,,
Yer missin' out, mate. I wouldn't be seen without them, these days.
Just installed some pvc 32A 3 phase/N/E 5 pin sockets with isolators. They leave drilling and linking banjos in the shade.
Do they go bang. by the way?

Piranhas are a good choice for compact stuff like isolators where a banjo simply is too big and sticks out past the edges of the box.

An earthing nut will not fit those boxes stick with the proprietary Wiska earthing plate.

Reply to SWA/wiska box/piranha nuts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock