swa

Discuss swa in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

benji

-
Arms
Reaction score
why are we still using armoured cables?they don't use them offshore and that a harsh enviroment,is it true only uk and one or two european countries use it.Give me a braided flexable cable any day,bending/glanding/terminating is a piece of cake compaired to swa.
yours benji

gotta be honest, i worked for years out in the field, putting in temporary installations run of gennys, i spent 5 years doing aircraft crashes, and lets be honest, thats a pretty harsh environment

it was braided all the way for me!!! that was for three phase, single phase, and 110V CTE supplies - and the cables werent buried either, i just used to nip and tuck them under the grass with a shovel

SWA is a bit of an overkill sometimes, seen people using it automatically every time they are wiring outside

lets start the revolution ! SWA aint needed especially in this day and age of rcd's
it'll never happen until there is european edict that this kow tow'ing goverment will kiss a**e to if it was down to these inbreeding politicians we'd never have decimilisation or metrification !!!

over paid ----ers, imagine how much they'd get paid for the amount they do in the real world .if a plc was run this inefficiently it'd be bankrupt

just a quick question, does the voltage on a tp+n system need to be the same between phases

just a quick question, does the voltage on a tp+n system need to be the same between phases

well pretty much yeah, that what allows you to dispense with the neutral on three phase motor circuits

oh, and under the 17th, do we now have to call it single line and three line?:p

i thought so.just checked at main incomer and getting L1 to earth 250v, L2 to earth 220v, and L3 to earth 225v.
utility company says it is within limits

Reply to swa in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock