Discuss Swimming pool help needed. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dlt27

-
Reaction score
Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
I am currently wiring a residential swimming pool and wondered if anybody could advise on lighting.
1. Agood downlight to use because of the environment (chlorine etc). I was thinking die cast aluminium, but not sure.
2. Best way to do 50m of Led strip light. I was thinking 3 x 150w drivers in plant room and wiring 5 radials to the start of each 10m led strip.
Thanks again if anyone can offer advice.

Hi and thanks in advance for any help.
I am currently wiring a residential swimming pool and wondered if anybody could advise on lighting.
1. Agood downlight to use because of the environment (chlorine etc). I was thinking die cast aluminium, but not sure.
2. Best way to do 50m of Led strip light. I was thinking 3 x 150w drivers in plant room and wiring 5 radials to the start of each 10m led strip.
Thanks again if anyone can offer advice
and where is those lights going ?

Probably worth speaking to you wholesaler regarding the downlights as they will be able to contact the manufacturers and get you something they make for that type of enviroment.

Definately get a lighting company involved, they will design the lux required as well as the type of light for the enviroment, this sort of Job is too risky to design alone, one mistake could cost you thousands.

Also the environment can be improved by fitting an air handling unit .
It is all down to cost though if you are designing the whole installation .
As said there are many proprietary lights for pools , but the effect for the customer will be their priority . You may have it safe and durable ; but will it look nice ... :)

Last edited:
On a lot of contactors there is a switch that sets the contactor to stay off in the event of a power failure or restart automatically.

Also the UV’s must turn off if the pump stops. They will burn out otherwise.

Where abouts are you?

Reply to Swimming pool help needed. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net