Discuss Sync Box on dragons den right now... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It looks way too deep for a stud or single block wall to me.:)

Thats exactly what I was thinking, you will have to knock through into the cavity, it's trying to solve a problem at bat doesn't particularly exist in a grand scale, I was also thinking, it's ok having one socket for your TV but what about the chrome cast, the fire stick, the Apple TV, where are they going to plug in?

i was speaking to the guy at essential install last year about them and i kinda liked the idea of sync box, he ended up giving me one for free and only last month i used it. i installed on a stud wall and fitted fine i think he was saying they are going to look into plasterboard boxes as well. in the way of power they have released a cable that can have two connections and some devices these days seam to be powered by usb

Too deep. Far too deep for a standard plaster board stud wall. Far too deep for chopping box out. I managed to fit 2 x hdmi leads, 1 x scart lead, 1 coax lead and 1 x single socket chased down into wall and fits behind tv bracket no problem.

Saw it on the den last night and my immediate thought was what a waste of time and effort then I heard the price and that totally killed it for me. Seems to be designed without any thought for what it has to fit into, the box looks way too deep to fit into any standard walls the cable entries do not look big enough to fit any pre terminated AV cables through them all in all an epic fail and a solution to a problem I have never had when fitting large screen TV's

Reply to Sync Box on dragons den right now... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views
Could the sun’s heat on a caravan mains supply cable cause the fuse/circuit breaker at the meter box/supply end to trip?
Replies
Views
Hi all I don't appear to be able to post in the DIY forum so apologies if this is the wrong place. I live in a block of flats with an external...
Replies
Views
I collect old Electrical Fittings and I recently acquired this vintage Junction Box (photos attached). I've been trying to figure out how it would...
Replies
Views
I run a hall , and one of the long term hirers has been using it a lot lately. I popped in there today and was extremely concerned about some...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock