Discuss T12 ballast help single lamp in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My 4’ old ballast burnt out its and old 70 one weighing a ton anyways I purchased a new t12 ballast but this one has 2 red 2 blue and 2 yellow old on didn’t have yellow will this work I was told to cap the yellow and run the red and blue the way they were in old ballast connect power and be all set but the bul is really dim. Any suggestion my company don’t want to switch to led which would be a who,e heck of a lot easier

I would have thought a ballast with 6 wires was a multi-lamp ballast where the yellows are the commons. Therefore each tube would connect between either red and yellow or blue and yellow. What ballast is it, electronic or magnetic? Can you post a pic or give a spec? Is it rated for single tube operation?

I would have thought a ballast with 6 wires was a multi-lamp ballast where the yellows are the commons. Therefore each tube would connect between either red and yellow or blue and yellow. What ballast is it, electronic or magnetic? Can you post a pic or give a spec? Is it rated for single tube operation?

It is but there are online diagrams that state you can use a 6 wire only using 4 but I’m not having luck and I cant locate 4 white ballast anywhere. The old ballast was a magnetic therm o magic for one lamp t12 4’ 40w bulb the new one is a GE240PSMVN-DIYB GE Ultrastart T12 Multi-Volt Frequently Switch Electric Ballast

I’m prob just gonna convert to led I can’t find a solution and the electrical stores up here are puzzled

Reply to T12 ballast help single lamp in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net