Discuss Temperature probe with 110k ohm resistance! in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

I have an electric underfloor heating system in my bathroom with a Timeguard TPT88 controller:
(TPT88 - 24 Hour/7 Day Multi-Programmable Thermostat | Timeguard - http://www.timeguard.com/products/climate/thermolay-ufh-controllers/24hour-7-day-multi-programmable-thermostat)

The system as about 5 years old and the controller has died. However, getting a like for like replacement is not possible as Timeguard have discontinued the unit (the model still shows up on some websites/eBay, but is always 'out of stock').

Asking around, no one seems to stock a controller that is compatible with the resistance of the temp probe. Just wondered if anyone on here has experience of replacing a TPT88, and if so, with what? If that's not going to work, can I change the temperature probe without ripping up the floor?

Any advice much appreciated!

Ian

It will be a NTC probe probably, but it's still high resistance.

Edit...I see that you didn't measure that now clicking that link.

I'm prettier sure you have a NTC thermistor.

Maybe you can poke a new probe in a few inches with a blunt plastic pokey thing.

Last edited:
It will be a NTC probe probably, but it's still high resistance.

Edit...I see that you didn't measure that now clicking that link.

I'm prettier sure you have a NTC thermistor.

Maybe you can poke a new probe in a few inches with a blunt plastic pokey thing.

That was my 2nd best ever,chat-up line...you plagiarist ;)

Reply to Temperature probe with 110k ohm resistance! in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net