Discuss Terminating 50mm solid conductor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi

Yes it seems to suggest they are okay, the other issue is size, they are quite bulky. A good crimp will be fine in my opinion.

Cheers

I agree that crimping would be the best option, but unfortunately for just two connections it is proving to be a very expensive exercise.
Especially considering that this whole job is a remedial from a highly suspicious EICR, and I don't really agree that it needs doing in the first place.

I agree that crimping would be the best option, but unfortunately for just two connections it is proving to be a very expensive exercise.
Especially considering that this whole job is a remedial from a highly suspicious EICR, and I don't really agree that it needs doing in the first place.

Hi Dave

Do you not know anyone with a good indent crimper, the lugs are cheap enough, prysmian/biccon do a BT range which are good. Being a solid conductor A BT35 might fit failing that a BT50.

Cheers

Hi Dave

Do you not know anyone with a good indent crimper, the lugs are cheap enough, prysmian/biccon do a BT range which are good. Being a solid conductor A BT35 might fit failing that a BT50.

I've got a reasonable indent crimper somewhere, if standard sized dies are suitable? I have assumed it would need to be special sized ones?

Reply to Terminating 50mm solid conductor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone fitted an SPD to a schneider standalone AFDD DB. Isobar P B Standalone Active distribution board, Acti9, 24 AFDD ways This board only...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I’m based in the ROI and live in a rural location. Yesterday evening my electricity supply started to switch on and off randomly...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock