Discuss Testing Fike Twinflex Multipoint heat detector with Solo 460 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am having trouble testing an installation with several Fike Twinflex Multipoint detectors set to heat mode. I have a Solo 460 heat tester which works fine with Apollo A1R detectors but not with the Fike detectors. I think the reason may be that the shape is different - it looks as if the hot air is blown out of the tester head at the wrong height for the Fike detector. Is it possible to fit a different shape hood to the tester head to compensate?

Anyone else encountered this problem?

I have found the cordless 460 heat detector tester to be totally useless with many detectors, one being as you describe. You are far better of getting the 230v operated unit as a back up for when the 460 proves useless.

Found this in an old Fike manual
(see http://www.safetyfiresolutions.co.uk/downloads/TF 248 InstallManual V3 26-0338-7.pdf page 21):

"In order to test a detector which has been set to a heat mode we recommend the use of a ‘No Climb’ SOLO 400 tester, or an equivalent product. The SOLO 400 tester will also require a baffle to redirect the airflow (part number SH32038 - SOLO461-024 Baffle)."

which seems to be available at Solo Heat Detector Tester Baffle for Fike Detectors - Discount Fire Supplies - https://www.discountfiresupplies.co.uk/product/202/1477/Solo-Heat-Detector-Tester-Baffle-for-Fike-Detectors

Anybody tried this out?

Reply to Testing Fike Twinflex Multipoint heat detector with Solo 460 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock