Discuss Testing TL;DR Box - There's a poll you can vote on in here, like brexit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Thought I'd add a new TL;DR box under the area of new threads (the first post only).

Not sure I'd like an actual box near the reply boxes, they could be a bit confusing for newbies.

Let's see if this works and gets used eh?

I certainly sometimes need to use one lol I find myself waffling these days.

Thought I'd add a new TL;DR box under the area of new threads (the first post only).

Not sure I'd like an actual box near the reply boxes, they could be a bit confusing for newbies.

Let's see if this works and gets used eh?

I certainly sometimes need to use one lol I find myself waffling these days.
TL;DR, Sorry

Words words words

We always as more as much detail as possible when people post questions, so the longer the post usually means the more info we get.
If people want to skip a post cause it's too long then that is up to them. I'm presuming these people will also not be bothered to hit the TL;DR box.

e2xcuse my ignorance but wtf is TL;DR?

forget it, jus seen it up top in an orange box. i never look inn orange boxes since the last one had a scorpion in it.

Last edited:
Tricky , Long winded is accurate .
(but a Cut the Waffle --Please some one condense this / (or translate !) )-- -Button is a good hint . ! . !
Sadly it is a young trait -- Got bored / fell asleep ..
Also a slight insult (- but that sh-- happens on the Web !)
... Tick here old grandad (not yet) waffling on.
Too Long (got bored) ; Did not read ..

(@ Dan very new and trendy - if that's a hip word still)

The poll was tongue in cheek. Nobody replied until I added it, and the word Brexit. Lol

If you read the post it explains TLDR.

If you don't know what it means it's okay it probably doesn't apply to yourself. :)

@Lister1987 you're right I guess it can be used like that but I've never seen anybody use it.

The poll was tongue in cheek. Nobody replied until I added it, and the word Brexit. Lol

If you read the post it explains TLDR.

If you don't know what it means it's okay it probably doesn't apply to yourself. :)

@Lister1987 you're right I guess it can be used like that but I've never seen anybody use it.

I could do with bowl of Brexit, has anyone got any milk?

What/where is a spoiler tag??......thought I was pretty conversant with this forum....this thread makes me feel like a newbie again!... :tearsofjoy:

The spoiler tag is here BD405B53-A97B-42BC-ACD6-171AFE3FE3E1.png
It lets you choose to read
a section of text or not.

It didn't work in my post.

When I edit my post it's still there. But I can't see it.

Is it loading for you guys in my post mate? @Sintra

Reply to Testing TL;DR Box - There's a poll you can vote on in here, like brexit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net