Discuss The 86-page manifesto, which is 20,421 words long...... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

green my arse. when all our power comes from farting, then the greens will have won.

Some more words of wisdom to those who still think Labour.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln also said this in a debate with Steven A. Douglas he gave his views on the position concerning Negroes: "I am not in favour of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office . . . I am not in favour of Negro citizenship." (p.30) The Civil War by Henry Hansen, published by Mentor.

So I wouldn't pay to much attention to his beliefs if I were you as he was quite prepared to maintain slavery in order to preserve the Union

See, if Labour are really the party of the working man or woman, the manifesto should be like a The Sun - easy to read!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until the tory one comes out, they always follow labours, because they do not know what to put into theirs until they know what labour has decided to do lol.

ALL of the parties should lodge their manifestos, with a "single" holder, 10 days before the day when they are all released together.

The release date should be the day after Parliament is dissolved.

All this "drip drip" of ideas is a joke IMHO.

Parties stand for something or they don't

ALL of the parties should lodge their manifestos, with a "single" holder, 10 days before the day when they are all released together.

The release date should be the day after Parliament is dissolved.

All this "drip drip" of ideas is a joke IMHO.

Parties stand for something or they don't
Thank God, we agree at last, well said fella, you got a thanks for that.

I listened to an interview with Theresa May earlier on, quite by chance on a German English language radio station. Whoever this guy was (obviously a political correspondent) but he wiped the floor with her, to a point that i doubt he'll ever get the chance to interview her or come to that anyone else from the Tory Party again!! lol!!

He let her spill out the new Tory manifesto, then started asking some very pertinent questions, which on occasion got rather heated to say the least, but he wasn't going to be sidetracked easily. At the end of the interview he told her straight that he had asked her a dozen questions that she had not been able to give a single meaningful answer too, just referring back to what's written in the manifesto, and that he was just as much in the dark as when he compiled his questions.

It's a shame the political broadcasters/ correspondents in the UK can't be the same, instead of just letting politicians get away with not answering anything that will show them up for what they are ...Puppets to a Party line!!

John Humphrys did a reasonable job on her this morning, no real answers to the questions.

As an aside, the right to buy is out of the blue, they must be very worried about the way their campaign has gone so far.
They thought they would walk it just by vilifying Ed Miliband, now they think bribery is the answer. Again no answere to how they will pay for it.

Reply to The 86-page manifesto, which is 20,421 words long...... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net