Discuss Thermostat/Control box help in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Adan

-
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm trying to fit some smart thermostats but they require a mains connection. I have the wiring in place from the existing set up (battery powered thermostats), but they have no mains voltage going through them. The wiring goes to a Danfoss WC4/B wiring Centre as the central heating is split into 2 zones. Could anyone from the wiring diagrams and the photo let me know what connections I need to make to get voltage to the thermostats? (files attached)

From what I can make out, terminals 1 and 2 that have the black with brown sleeve wires are from the thermostat wiring. The other wires in there are from the valves for the central heating.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Thermostat/Control box help IMG_20190405_123108 - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• Danfoss-Wiring-Centre-Guide.pdf
    132.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi - I'll start by saying if there is no power at the thermostat then there may not be enough conductors between the wiring centre and the stat position to add it now. Then, if 230V was applied to the switch line that your boiler is expecting to be "volt free" it might get expensive... just saying.
What boiler is it? What stats are there now and what do you plan to replace them with?

Hi - I'll start by saying if there is no power at the thermostat then there may not be enough conductors between the wiring centre and the stat position to add it now. Then, if 230V was applied to the switch line that your boiler is expecting to be "volt free" it might get expensive... just saying.
What boiler is it? What stats are there now and what do you plan to replace them with?

It's a logic combi es35, going to a danfoss wiring station WC4B, which links to two HPA2 valves for 2 zone control as well as two battery powered thermostats (not wireless, wired to the station). There is already 4 core wiring to both thermostats, but only 2 of the wires are utilised. From what I can make out on the wiring diagrams for this station, it is possible to change to mains powered thermostats, it just needs to be reconfigured, but I'm not sure what configuration that is.

S Plan arrangement. The brown at the top left of the vertical connector blocks is 230v permanent live. You can see a red link coming out the other side into 11 and then linking onto grey wires of the 2 port valves. 1 & 2 are the switch lives back from existing stats that connect to 2 port valve browns. The Blues are neutral. Nice and easy as you have enough cores already.

Reply to Thermostat/Control box help in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock