Discuss this is for some people on this forum in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
For us ole timers, I do recall the days before tv, when as a young very modern family we would have Sunday lunch sat around the main table, with the radio playing softly in the background. But it wasn't music, but shows like the Goons etc.

Later peeved my Mum off, by sitting eating my Sunday lunch off a tray on my lap watching tv. Philistine.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
For us ole timers, I do recall the days before tv, when as a young very modern family we would have Sunday lunch sat around the main table, with the radio playing softly in the background. But it wasn't music, but shows like the Goons etc.

Later peeved my Mum off, by sitting eating my Sunday lunch off a tray on my lap watching tv. Philistine.
you had a tray????i has a 3' x 2' piece of shuttering ply. the coffee table was a 1000m SWA drum. the top painted in olive green paint nicked from WD stores. for entertainment we had a cardboard box with a hole cut out, my sister in the box and mother poking her with a stick. happy days.

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
Nah we were well off.

Watched the 1966 World Cup, in glorious black & white. Had Corona pop delivered and Mum did the washing in a twin tub.

The old mad tended his garden, and we had fresh veg & tomatoes. Mum use to make homemade wine, and I got ****ed for the first time on her banana wine.

Happy days.

OP
buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
Love the old crooners , not the S&&t now like stommzy.when sings its like a record playing back wouds .

OP
buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
I put that on here so you can remanist the years gone by .its for the old timers .

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
There was some tv program on the other day where a black men had his face painted white!

I was utterly offended, and I’ve got a good mind to write to the daily mail:eek:

Moley

Baaaa!!!
Now this is more my type of music.
Not sure if this or Snuff is the best song they have written.

Dan

I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-)
Staff member
Admin
Please make sure you post general chat in the general chat forum.

Electrician Talk