Discuss this lady will sadly missed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Being a big fan of singer performers,who came a similar route,Patsy Cline,Jerry Lee etc,she was a big favourite.

Loved her in the Blues Brothers,loved her contract and payment terms,for her concerts:cool: an inspiration and flawless,natural performer.

We cannot live forever,but some almost will :):):)

Being a big fan of singer performers,who came a similar route,Patsy Cline,Jerry Lee etc,she was a big favourite.

Loved her in the Blues Brothers,loved her contract and payment terms,for her concerts:cool: an inspiration and flawless,natural performer.

We cannot live forever,but some almost will :):):)
Interesting, can you expand on the contract and payment terms, genuinely interested.

TBH I see where Essex is coming from, I didn't know her personally, I know her music....which will thankfully be around for a long time yet. So I wont miss her either because as far as I'm concerned her passing away will not affect my appreciation of her.

Virtue-signalling, sounds like another modern,trendy and no doubt politically correct bit of terminology.
Everyone at some point in their lives will have been affected in a positive way by a famous person,probably many in fact, whether it be a musician,actor, sportsman/woman or someone else,they will have left their mark.
The people who expressed sympathy obviously loved her music and held her in high esteem so when she passed away they're saddened.
I just didn't see any point in your post in the circumstances, not trying to be argumentative.

I have to say the outpouring of grief when a major talent passes away leaves me slightly nauseous, the same thing happened to an even greater degree when Bowie died. There's no harm in expressing sadness, but I cannot see how they can be 'missed' unless you knew them personally.
The vast majority of people know these stars only from the body of work they leave behind, and they do not take that away with them. My appreciation of Bowie and Aretha Franklyn come from their music, and that remains accessible whether they are here or not.

Reply to this lady will sadly missed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net