Discuss Thoughts on this plumber earning more than 200K per year in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Have you seen the story in most of the papers over the weekend about one of the plumbers working for Pimlico in london?
Apparently he is earning over 200K per year...
Having seen what they charge per hour its not that far fetched or out of reach.
They charge upwards of £100 + vat per hour, for out of hours and over the weekend they charge £200 + vat. The minimum for sparks is £95 + vat per hour. If they have to go off and fetch materials or parts then they charge £80 + vat for that on top of the minimum one hour charge.
upload_2018-2-4_19-3-39.png
Be interested to know what the typical earnings for a pimlico electrician is as I gather a lot of them are on zero hour contracts and are in effect self employed.
thoughts?

From Pimlico, self employed Plumber or Heating eng 50hrs per week minimum;
Plumber

Location: LondonSalary: £1,800.00 - £2,000.00 Per WeekType: Self-EmployedClosing Date: 17:30, 27 February 2018
Location: London Salary: Uncapped Earning Potential Position: Plumber Contract: Self Employed - (Own Limited Company Basis) Hours of Work: 50 Hours per week. (Additional working may be required, including some weekend work). Location: Central & Greater

On the books Electrician;

In House Electrician

Location: LondonSalary: £17.00 - £19.00 Per HourType: PermanentClosing Date: 17:30, 27 February 2018
Company: Pimlico Plumbers. Position: Electrician (Internal) Hours of Work: M-F 8.00am-4.30pm (Additional working patterns may be required, including some weekend work for which you will be paid overtime). Location: London SE11-6NQ. Salary: Up to £19PH + Paid

Stap me! if I did night shifts I could retire in four years. Still I can anyway.
I do quite well out of the small domestic jobs in the evenings when the people are home from work, it saves them taking the day off, they seem to prefer that. I tell them it will cost 1.5 x normal hourly rate as minimum charge. I keep the books ticking over nicely with one or two out of hours jobs each week, I put Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30 until 8 pm aside.

@snowhead so the guy working out in the field for customers can earn decent money but the in house lacky maintaining the office gets £19 PH.... wonder if they stick around long? as looking at the qualifications they want on there website they are after fully qualified apprentice served sparks for in house. for London thats quite low pay @ £19 ph.

Interesting,how they drive his liveried vans,are told where to work and wear his uniform and are still classed as s/e.I believe there is an ongoing court case about this.

If it's in court it could be interesting.

For me it's simple.

What percentage of his claimed £200k is invoiced to Pimlico?

My bet is that it's the majority .... And if it's over 50% then he should be classed as an employee

I think you are all missing he point of these "articles".

They pop up with rhythmic regularity,and always get everybody "at it",which proves the worth of such PR.

They are an advert,pure and simple. The interest generates custom,for the company who are perceived be top-notch,due to such wages...

...and it generates interest,from tradesmen,who see such alleged earning potential,and must be required,to either fill gaps due to expansion or loss of personnel.

As for the S.E. part,those of us who have been at it for a while,know earnings are one thing,turnover for vanity - profit for sanity :)

If you lot spent less time fecking about on here and doing some work then maybe you'd be earning the same ;o))))))))

I Only dropped in to check up on the 'Plumber hating crew' Just to see if you were all still as jealous, bitter and viscous as last time I visited.

It looks just the same as before lol.

Some of the posts I've read today make me feel sad and my feelings are hurt. I had hoped you would have become more friendly toward you fellow man.

On the positive side, you're all very consistent ! I will give you that!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reply to Thoughts on this plumber earning more than 200K per year in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net