Discuss Tool bag / tool reviews on the tube in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
So rather sad but from time to time I find myself watching a tool bag or tool review on youtube , like this one...

But one thing I have noticed is that nearly always the tools and bag are immaculate clean , like brand new almost. do these youtube celebrity sparks not actually use their tools ? mine are all grubby and used yet theirs are always clean and look mint

Probably like that as they just been delivered for review. I remember watching some of these guys going through their toolbags before they got large numbers of subscribers and they certainly didn't look new or have high price tags.

Edit: I notice that guy has very few subscribers, so probably bought it after watching someone else review the same bag.

Edit #2: I'd pay one of them to upload a review of a bucket for carrying tools. Hell, I'd even send them the bucket to review.

“Sturdy carrying handle. Large opening. Stylish black plastic colouring on this particular model. Comes in varying sizes, and real multi- trade usage. “

I get tool envy, nothing excites me more than getting my hands on some new tools i don't even need.

But here i don't get it. They're just bags. They're just glorified buckets with handles that you throw your stuff in.

Paying ÂŁ100+ for a bag is weird imo.

It would be nice to see some review(er)s with Integrity but alas there has to be a certain amount of arsekissing to get them in thr first place; Dan's tool room was one I watched frequently before it turned to a Knipex/Klien love-fest.

What I want to see are the innovative tools, eFixx have innovation corner which can unearth some gems but as you say most are fresh clean tools and it's rate to find ones where the tools HAVE been used and abused; I get there is a certain amount of pride in keeping tools clean but they should still show signs of wear and not just thr marks from taking the packaging off....

i clean hand tools every weekend. first WD40 wipe over, and then maybe sillybang to follow. gets rid of all the black from sweaty mitts.

Firstly I can't believe the prices of these tool bags when you can but a similar sized CK or FatMax for a quarter of the price. Secondly if they do a toolbag review and there's no large flat screwdriver that's been abused as a chisel then I don't believe it's their genuine toolkit.

Firstly I can't believe the prices of these tool bags when you can but a similar sized CK or FatMax for a quarter of the price. Secondly if they do a toolbag review and there's no large flat screwdriver that's been abused as a chisel then I don't believe it's their genuine toolkit.
got a CK magma. zips fail miserably. the storage for tools looks nice and neat, but not that good. tools tend to be strapped in too tight so make it awkward to get out in a hurry. and the centre compartment is lucky dip. take everythingout to get to what you need is always at the bottom. propac every time for me.

^^ that about sums it up for me

All I want in a toolbag or box is a container I can dip my hands into and take out what I need,. anything else is extra work

Toughbuilts new range is very well thought out But the Stanley tote bucket is a game changer for the money
Do you mean a particular model ,there's loads of them

I've got a Stanley bag and the open tote,don't really like the open tote too much in case of water getting in

The entire range ! But if i was to buy one it would be their large open tote . Never worried about the rain as I only work in the dry ! Stanley tote for the money is a great bag

The entire range ! But if i was to buy one it would be their large open tote . Never worried about the rain as I only work in the dry ! Stanley tote for the money is a great bag
It meets the criteria of convenience and ease of use anyhow

These complex toolbags seem like too much trouble imo

Toughbuilts new range is very well thought out But the Stanley tote bucket is a game changer for the money
I had a CK Magma and changed for a FatMax Tote, the little square one. I love it, very easy to carry, everything accessible. I wouldn't be averse to carrying a backpack type of thing just for things with handles (drivers, saw, spanners etc) and a tote for everything else. Certainly wouldn't be paying ÂŁ100+ for it though.

Reply to Tool bag / tool reviews on the tube in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net