Discuss Tough to price? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

fellas can anybody give a rough idea of a price on this before I go in for it!

18 circuits moving from a 3 phase board to another 3 phase board 20m away, its a large commercial shop open from 7am-10pm every day, install uses basket above the false poly tile ceiling.
SP are putting the new supply in so i know i need to buy an 18-24way board and hang it ready then do the fabrication in the ceiling then move the circuits one by one along with the MCB's.
power has to be on as much as possible, circuits off for minutes only, loads of H&S issues as ill be working around customers.

I thought £1800-£2300?, i have to give him a minimum price and max as i doubt i can get the nail on the head.

cheers

current install is <12 months old and very well done, overkill in fact.

schedule would be

1. Supply & fit 18-24 way 3 phase distribution board to new supply
2. Supply, fabrication & installation of trunking/tray above new distribution board.
3. Supply, fabrication & installation of trunking/tray/basket in false ceiling.
4. Re route circuits one by one from the old DB to new DB
5. Pre commissioned testing on relocated circuits.
6. Commissioning & live testing of relocated circuits

hate to say this but working through the night sounds the best option, 2 or three handed to nail it in the one night start at 9 finish at 9 day rate x3 (gives you double bubble on the 12hr shift) say 250 per man per day gives you 2250 imo

Cant help you with the costings but suggest at least one night shift (at a premium) to change over the lighting & essential circuits (alarms etc) then structured change over of remaining circuits.

i'd be more concerned with the clients unrealistic expectations -
"circuits only off for minutes"
dont see that panning out too well tbh.
i certainly wouldnt agree to a mains change with 10minute deadlines.

Have to agree with others here. I would do as much pre-work as practical "in hours" and do rest "out of hours" - I am doing a job today which i dont want to start until 5pm, hence at home now. Large commercial office I could try and work around all the office staff dragging cables over their heads and covering them in dust but i dont do that, i wait for them to go home and i have the place to myself, instant karma :)

Have to agree with others here. I would do as much pre-work as practical "in hours" and do rest "out of hours" - I am doing a job today which i dont want to start until 5pm, hence at home now. Large commercial office I could try and work around all the office staff dragging cables over their heads and covering them in dust but i dont do that, i wait for them to go home and i have the place to myself, instant karma :)

Totally agree; one night shift (probably only part of one if your new board is set up during the day) - removes all the hassles. Simples.

Your own risk assessment dictates out of hours working

loads of H&S issues as ill be working around customers.

Don't see any other way than doing this outside normal shop hours, with the ambulance chasers your sure to get a customer looking for blame to make a claim because the lights went out and they tripped over something

It's not clear are you extending or diverting the existing circuits / cables to the new distribution position

Can't help but feel the price is a bit light but that is just a blind assessment not having seen the job

Joining out the circuits and moving them 20 mtrs to the new position is the easy bit, you can fit the new board and get all the circuits to the enclosure and din rail connectors near the existing board fairly easily, the change over will need to be out of hours, the testing of the circuits will be the challenge buddy, I would hazzard a guess at around £1500.00-£2,000.00 for the work, but it could be another 500-600 to test it all, 20 circuits under these circumstances going god knows where in the building may be a minefield, JMO, To give you a more accurate price which I don't mind doing I would need to know a little more about working heights, limitations regarding access to testing circuits etc.

Mike

Reply to Tough to price? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net