Discuss Toying around with the 'reactions' (likes) in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As long as you dis dislike.

"Like" is nice..."agree" is nice too...
they are similar...
but if you don't like, you are left with one alternative, which is "dislike", which is rather negative...
Love
agree
brilliant
That's amazing

let's have all degrees of nice-ness, and a couple of degrees of not liking, such as
"dislike"
"disagree"
"are you mad!"

we should have them all!

and I still want a "WTF!" button...

"Like" is nice..."agree" is nice too...
they are similar...
but if you don't like, you are left with one alternative, which is "dislike", which is rather negative...
Love
agree
brilliant
That's amazing

let's have all degrees of nice-ness, and a couple of degrees of not liking, such as
"dislike"
"disagree"
"are you mad!"

we should have them all!

and I still want a "WTF!" button...
You trying to cause a riot Mate, remember be nice, snowflakes beware.

We have some more coming don't worry. Might change the agree to a tick again though.

I like the agree button, it is unambiguous.

This is at times a highly technical forum with many different opinions.
I do like the subtle difference between like and agree.

for instance,

a new diy member joins and says,
help me, what is wrong with my fuse box, it is tripping RCD no2 every day shortly before I get up at 7am.
There will be the following reply's, amongst others.

what time is your heating / immersion heater set to come on in the morning?
(like)

Have you had any work done recently?
(like)

it sounds like your immersion heater may be the problem, suggest you get a spark in to check it out.
(like)

I think the best thing to do would be to turn the timer on the hot water to off before you go to bed and see if it happens in the morning. if it still happens, do the same with your heating system. also check that there are no other things that come on at a pre set time first thing in the morning and try to rule them out by turning them off.
(agree)

Totally agree. And I didn't need to type this as I said it with a click.

The aim is to cut down on replies just saying 'yeah me too' because Google is hammering a good thread and not ranking it well because the first post is huge, the second post answers it, and the next 20 on the page are all short posts.

The problem there is we have tags and usernames and avatars being displayed and repeated around just a couple of words.

So Google is like hmmmm that thread isn't unique it's the same as the other 10 created that day. Can't be important. Don't rank it well.

So I'm just trying to help the forum out long term kinda thing.
[automerge]1566678106[/automerge]
Go on then Dan, if you must :)
I can actually bring it back soon matey. Gimme a bit of time. ;)

The aim is to cut down on replies just saying 'yeah me too' because Google is hammering a good thread and not ranking it well because the first post is huge, the second post answers it, and the next 20 on the page are all short posts.

That's going to be pretty tough because we are all humans and react like humans expressing our opinions.
We lend weight to a valid post by posting our own reply agreeing with it because a click of a button doesn't feel right an dinky gets noticed by computers. Real people like to make and see real replies.

I've used Sad face for Dislike ,
(Disagree is getting as good as "Don't Do it" !)
( I still enjoyed handing out some Medals )
Toying around with the 'reactions' (likes) Way-back--20-4-2019 - EletriciansForums.net

--Or should I not be trusted - (too generous)--?

Reply to Toying around with the 'reactions' (likes) in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock