Discuss Transmission in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Could someone please help me to confirm the transmittion volages across the grid, my understanding is

400kV and 275 kV - super grid
132kV - natioanl grid
66kV and 33kV - secondary grid
11kV for local sub stations industry
400V for commercial
230V for domestic

I have also heard that there is a Standard Transmittion volage, but can't seem to find a reference to the voltage for a stardard transmittion, does any one know?

Steve

There used to be a 22KV grid, but that was a long time ago. Whether it's still an operational voltage, others here will have to tell you. I know that the 6.8 KV transmissions have now ceased...

There are still some 6.6kv networks running. it looks like NW still design and run at that voltage (see below) 3.3kv was common in large industrial processes (steel, water etc) but this was on private networks.

Electricity North West | Summary of network design policies

Not sure about 22kv never heard of it but years ago there were loads of transmittion voltages and they were different in each area. That is why they standardised it and built the national grid.

Reply to Transmission in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all Recently moved to South Wales and looking for work as electricians mate / Jointers mate. Capable of carrying out most domestic...
Replies
Views
G
Hello all, I am currently an A level student but next year I'm looking to get into the power industry. I was looking at either going to National...
Replies
Views
G
B
Could someone please post a picture of the Electrical distribution network from generation 25kv, Step up transformation to 275kv - 400kv, HV...
Replies
Views
sparx24
S
hope this helps Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Unit 2: Installation...
Replies
Views
Martyc
M
G
Just thought I would post here and see if anyone could help me out regarding the transmission of electricity from power stations to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock