Discuss Travelling expenses in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just picked up some work from a national company a whopping 40miles from home (long distance for me)
what's the going rate people are charging for travelling these days?

I normally work close to home, but if the job is up to 40 miles this is included in the basic cost.
Above 40 miles I charge per hour for travel, this means that if you are in London and driving two miles you can charge the two hours it takes you.

I normally work close to home, but if the job is up to 40 miles this is included in the basic cost.
Above 40 miles I charge per hour for travel, this means that if you are in London and driving two miles you can charge the two hours it takes you.

Plus parking is a joke, Where I've had a job recently it was costing £37 a day. I feel who ever sets these extortionate parking prices should be wearing a balaclava lol.

charge between 50p and £1 per mile. ( round trip). the 50p covers vehicle cost and anything over is your travel time.

The HMRC has a 'Benchmark Rate' of 45p per mile for the first 10k miles which then drops to someting like 25p per mile.
This is for people using their personal vehicles for work, and is supposed to cover insurance, mot, wear and tear, etc.

The HMRC has a 'Benchmark Rate' of 45p per mile for the first 10k miles which then drops to someting like 25p per mile.
This is for people using their personal vehicles for work, and is supposed to cover insurance, mot, wear and tear, etc.
that's what i claim. it covers fuel as well.

Reply to Travelling expenses in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net