Discuss Trump for Pres in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Did you read his post right? Have anther look at it.
At the end of the day if you are religious and want to live in a Country the hold your beliefs as part of the laws of the land then pick that country if you are religious and can live in a country that has no religious laws as such then you will be ok, as some one has already said all the main stream religions do not recognise the Gay community and I think it is written in their holy books that it is not natural and is against their religion, marriage is a religious thing but partnership between two people is a partnership , just like a marriage but without the paperwork so you can be married for five years and then separately and it will cost you a lot of money to get the paperwork dissolved whereas a partnership you can live together for 20 years but in the eyes of the law when your partner dies you are not entitled to anything blah blah blah blah blah could get one more but can't be bothered think you need to read re read all the posts again when talking about religion gay people or beer just about some silly person in the USA that wants to become leader of the world or so they think

You think the Uk is secular? One denomination and one denomination only is allowed 26 seats in the House of Lords as of right, not appointment. These are, like it or not, people who affect the laws you are required to abide by. To add to that, we also have 89 hereditary peers, allowed to sit a s an accident of birth. Until that situation changes, the UK will be a religiously based partially democratic, monarchy.

Really? That may be a bit less certain than you think.

Was the Desert Fox an honest soldier or just another ----? | Europe | News | The Independent

No, it's not uncertain. There is a whole host of historical fact and evidence that shows quite categorically that he wasn't a ----.

Look, this has been done to death. I've no interest in discussing Rommel on here any further. Read a book or two will you.

Yes, fair enouh. But you get my point (or don't you?).

I got the link, but the point is moot.

Erm, who said that "Islam is all about world denomination"? If you are going to malign a religion in public you need to be able justify it mate.

Isn't that what a certain Islamic sect is doing at the moment do you think they will stop when they get to the sea or do you think they will think we've got enough now stop we don't need the whole world to follow our beliefs

Quran verse 8:39 - And fight them until there is no more fitnah and religion is all for Allah.

(Fitnah is Arabic for unbelief)

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

2 Chron. 15:13 All who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.

Deuteronomy 13; 12-16 12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known),14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you,15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[a]both its people and its livestock.16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God.That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt,

So, that was fun.

Again this has nothing to do with electrics. If you think we should all get our weapons and man the barricades that's fine but has nothing to do with rewiring my house!

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

2 Chron. 15:13 All who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.

Deuteronomy 13; 12-16 12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known),14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you,15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[a]both its people and its livestock.16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God.That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt,

So, that was fun.

I rest my case, leave the god botherers out of teccy stuff

You think the Uk is secular? One denomination and one denomination only is allowed 26 seats in the House of Lords as of right, not appointment. These are, like it or not, people who affect the laws you are required to abide by. To add to that, we also have 89 hereditary peers, allowed to sit a s an accident of birth. Until that situation changes, the UK will be a religiously based partially democratic, monarchy.

They do Scots in so they must be quite happy with putting up with other people[emoji1]

So, that was fun.

Some pretty awful stuff right there. But, and it's a big BUT, you lack a fundamental understanding regarding the difference between the Bible and the Quran. For all the bluster we hear about the Bible having violence within, a few of those verses you have just recited, none are the literal word of God.

That is THE fundamental difference between the two books. One details the stories of men and one contains literal commands from God to man.

Comparing the Bible and the Quran to see which is worse is like comparing a V6 3.0L engine's fuel consumption to the fat content of blue cheese. Completely pointless.

At the end of the day this thread it's not about The Scots Europe , religion or whatever picture someone has on their profile it's about a certain person Who is trying to become the next president of the USA, all I can think about at the moment is i've got to go to the shops and get some beers as I think if this thread Keeps going it's going to be like the Friday nights when I first joined this forum

Some pretty awful stuff right there. But, and it's a big BUT, you lack a fundamental understanding regarding the difference between the Bible and the Quran. For all the bluster we hear about the Bible having violence within, a few of those verses you have just recited, none are the literal word of God.

That is THE fundamental difference between the two books. One details the stories of men and one contains literal commands from God to man.

Comparing the Bible and the Quran to see which is worse is like comparing a V6 3.0L engine's fuel consumption to the fat content of blue cheese. Completely pointless.

You seem very keen to establish that I have no fundamental theological understanding, while you've cornered the market in truth. Having recently lost my wife of 12 years, who was as close to a Biblical scholar as you'll find, she'd have given you a real argument of the idea of Biblical literalism. To return to the quotation from John 15:6, "If a man not abide in me...", who do you think the 'me' being referred to is? To add to that, given the widespread belief in the Holy Trinity, since Jesus is God essentially, then when he speaks for God, he literally is god speaking. So the advice from me would be, stop concentrating on discrediting what I say and focus instead on making your point from a slightly better educated Biblical stance. By the way, yes, I have read, albeit English translations, both sets of Scriptures. My original point is this: it is entirely disingenuous to use scriptural moralism, which equates to Biblical literalism, unless you're prepared to use all of it without being selective against particular groups, because that, my friend, is definitively persecution.

You seem very keen to establish that I have no fundamental theological understanding, while you've cornered the market in truth. Having recently lost my wife of 12 years, who was as close to a Biblical scholar as you'll find, she'd have given you a real argument of the idea of Biblical literalism. To return to the quotation from John 15:6, "If a man not abide in me...", who do you think the 'me' being referred to is? To add to that, given the widespread belief in the Holy Trinity, since Jesus is God essentially, then when he speaks for God, he literally is god speaking. So the advice from me would be, stop concentrating on discrediting what I say and focus instead on making your point from a slightly better educated Biblical stance. By the way, yes, I have read, albeit English translations, both sets of Scriptures. My original point is this: it is entirely disingenuous to use scriptural moralism, which equates to Biblical literalism, unless you're prepared to use all of it without being selective against particular groups, because that, my friend, is definitively persecution.

No, it isn't. I've quite clearly stated my feelings on religion in general. They all have a lot to answer for, some more than others in specific areas, and others more than some, in different areas.

I made this clear early on.

Reply to Trump for Pres in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock