Discuss Trunking CPC Continuity. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys, an old existing 25mm - TP & N SWA Supply cable is glanded (No Banjo) to a 3" Metal Trunking end cap, & the remainder of the circuit cables are contained in the same trunking forming the CPC back to the Distribution Board. With a method 2 continuity & an insulation test, can you be sure that the CPC would handle the Earth fault current ?

Hi Guys, an old existing 25mm - TP & N SWA Supply cable is glanded (No Banjo) to a 3" Metal Trunking end cap, & the remainder of the circuit cables are contained in the same trunking forming the CPC back to the Distribution Board. With a method 2 continuity & an insulation test, can you be sure that the CPC would handle the Earth fault current ?
It may well handle a earth fault current, but what are you doing with this installation?

It may well handle a earth fault current, but what are you doing with this installation?
I am replacing the main Distribution Board, the 25mm supply/sub main will be fed from this panel. As an old installation I am doubting the continuity, as to corrosion etc. The cable supplies a Unit across the road so It would be costly to replace. I just need to be sure of the earthing. I could re-terminate the gland & add a seperate CPC back to the New Board. I then have the same situation of continuity from incoming feeder glanded onto new board with CPC being the Armour back to the main Switch Room.

Hi Guys, an old existing 25mm - TP & N SWA Supply cable is glanded (No Banjo) to a 3" Metal Trunking end cap, & the remainder of the circuit cables are contained in the same trunking forming the CPC back to the Distribution Board. With a method 2 continuity & an insulation test, can you be sure that the CPC would handle the Earth fault current
got any piccys .

Hi Guys, nobody told me which Monday so I am late! The piccy, unfortunately, isn't very clear as I need to move gear in front. If you zoom in & to the left end of the trunking you may just make out the 25mm SWA Gland & also looks like another metal conduit above it. Incidentally, that is paint splatter, not Pigeon Poo. FI is needed but can't see that the termination is going to be Stable enough. The work is all related to my previous post where the neutral is earthed. So you can see why I need to make sure of a sound earth on every circuit supplied by this intake, before disconnecting the Neutral/ Earth link.
Trunking CPC Continuity. IMG_0866.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
Trunking CPC Continuity. IMG_0802.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Trunking CPC Continuity. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock