Discuss Tv on wall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm installing metal dual box flushed into the wall with single skt on one side plus single modular faceplate on the other with hdmi,coax,cat5/6 cables coming straight out of faceplate cutout hole to tv. A bit of a silly question but Is this a popular way to install this.....

Last edited:
Yep, but be wary about all of those connections, what type of wall is it? Plasterboard? Usually those modular hdmi plates have a 6" flying lead on the back or if they are just coupler be wary of the size of hdmi connector you will have to plug in.

Too many times have i been to second fix a job and the 1st fixers havnt considered this. One option is to use a brush plate with some braided sleeving and bring the cables directly out of the wall and to the tv, looks neat but its not the best!

Edit: read your post wrong, apologies! Yeah you can do it the way you are planning, i would use the mentioned brush plate/braided sleeving then cable tie onto tv bracket. I initially thought you were using modular faceplates where you but a faceplate shell then the hdmi, coax connectors seperate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm installing metal dual box flushed into the wall with single skt on one side plus single modular faceplate on the other with hdmi,coax,cat5/6 cables coming straight out of faceplate cutout hole to tv. A bit of a silly question but Is this a popular way to install this.....

Make sure you keep your signal cables away from the 230v supply cable for the socket, you dont want grief with the picture etc.

Cheers...........Howard

Make sure you keep your signal cables away from the 230v supply cable for the socket, you dont want grief with the picture etc.

Cheers...........Howard

I will definitlely keep the mains cables away from the signal cables in the wall and maybe run a screened Ethernet to the tv just in case. The dual box should be ok to house both sets of cables though (mains one side and signals the other)or would you have seperate boxes?

just a query on the vast knowledge on here really but should you put in a switched spur elsewhere for local isolation of the tv considering the tv cant be isolated without touching it( i know you can isolate at the db but its a local isolation thing!!)

just a query on the vast knowledge on here really but should you put in a switched spur elsewhere for local isolation of the tv considering the tv cant be isolated without touching it( i know you can isolate at the db but its a local isolation thing!!)

I always would. Next to a socket or something.

Also definitely in a new build or a job to building regs as more than likely the socket wont be accessible without the use of a tool.
Or within 450mm to 1200mm lol

Thanks for the replies...chaps, i do see your point with the isolation part, but i could reach behind and switch off the tv as its not right against the wall, its also double insulated tv, so very unlikely to recieve a shock from this unless its physically damaged and then local isolation near the tv would be better.... i agree, just cant be bothered with the extra hassle :smile5:
So you guys would put a switched fused spur next to.... say the nearest skt down at low level and make it part of the ring cct, then spur off to tv and fit an un-switched s/o or flex outlet plate.....

Reply to Tv on wall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock