Discuss two motor star delta in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi guys i have an issue with one of two motor running star delta for a concrete mixer one motor is pulling out more current than the other one almost 10A difference (1st=39 , 2nd=48) knowing that the 2nd is rewinding both motor are same company

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys i have an issue with one of tow motor running star delta for a concrete mixer one motor is pulling out more current than the other one almost 10A difference (1st=39 , 2nd=48) knowing that the 2nd is rewinding both motor are same company
Pardon??

Maybe one is just doing much more work or they are different sizes.

Maybe one is just doing much more work or they are different sizes.
What sort of Cement mixer? static or portable? single or three phasr, got to ask these stupid questions worked with Diplomats a lot, not the brightest technical minds on planet Earth ae they?

Are they on the same or separate mixers. One has been re wound but the other not?

actually without load he is pulling more current and we just rewind it and fix it and its same size same company manufacturer thanks for help
Can't your resident Mr Fixit help. or is he on other duties elsewhere?

Method of starting I presume.

Common in all of the concrete plants I worked at for their mixers. Until we started upgrading to VSD control.
Wish I hadn't asked now, thanks Rob.

Method of starting I presume.

Common in all of the concrete plants I worked at for their mixers. Until we started upgrading to VSD control.
Agree, bot the OPs fault his English is a bit confusing wonder what I sould be like speaking his spoken word, did a good job I thought, just got myself all tied up, must be an age thing on my part.

My guess, if the winding's test out ok and are balanced. (Test from the starter cabinet first, you'll find cable faults too that way). Then it will be mechanical failure, likely a bearing on the mixer itself or in the motor.

Quick check, disconnect the motor and run it without a load, check the current is equal an within a sensible range on each phase.

Reply to two motor star delta in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock