Discuss Understaning 'Active at ground' (D+) in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hdp160

-
Reaction score
In another thread I asked for advice on identifying +KEY in a Fiat Tyco connector socket.
I notice that the circuit diagram for the connector also shows a pin for "Active at ground D+"
Does that mean at that pin there is 12v present when the engine is running 0v when not running.
OR does does it mean 0v when engine running and 12v when the engine is off.
The circuit diagram I have for the vehicle is at best useless as the pinouts and wire colour scheme do not correspond.
Again thanks in anticipation...
If I knew the answer I wouldn't ask.
Regards
Nick

In another thread I asked for advice on identifying +KEY in a Fiat Tyco connector socket.
I notice that the circuit diagram for the connector also shows a pin for "Active at ground D+"
Does that mean at that pin there is 12v present when the engine is running 0v when not running.
OR does does it mean 0v when engine running and 12v when the engine is off.
The circuit diagram I have for the vehicle is at best useless as the pinouts and wire colour scheme do not correspond.
Again thanks in anticipation...
If I knew the answer I wouldn't ask.
Regards
Nick

This is your answer :wink:

Reply to Understaning 'Active at ground' (D+) in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM P0691, P0692 for cooling fan control circuit. Tests/Procedures Performed: 1...
Replies
Views
I have an interesting starter circuit issue on a 2001 Toyota Celica (that won't start). If I have the starter out and have the main positive...
Replies
Views
I used to fit Bell door entry systems all the while about 20 years ago but I'm a bit rusty on them now, am I correct in saying if you use a DC...
Replies
Views
I wired in an auxiliary fan to my Jeep radiator. Details: 1. Fan grounded to body. 2. Power wire for fan goes to standard 4 pin relay (with...
Replies
Views
Hello, my name is Kelvin. I'm a trainee hydraulic engineer in Indonesia. I apologize if this question has been answered before / if this question...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock