Discuss Unreal........you have got to watch this in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Is it sad that I'm not really shocked ?
Ok it's rare I see an entire completed install messed up that badly, but seeing work of that standard is a weekly thing for me.

Get on your local new build estate for a few eye openers.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Is it sad that I'm not really shocked ?
Ok it's rare I see an entire completed install messed up that badly, but seeing work of that standard is a weekly thing for me.

Get on your local new build estate for a few eye openers.
Yes I'll bet there are

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
I went to a job this week where the customer has done about 50K refurbishing their house....New kitchen, bathrooms, heating system, plastered, wood work, decorating, carpets the lot and the house is mostly still wired in TRS that falls apart as soon as you look at it. The Prat didn’t consider the electrics :confused:

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Even when I was working the golden rule for the customer was "as long as it looks nice I don't care" sad really, spend 10s of Ks on stuff that looks nice but nothing on stuff that can kill or cause damage.

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Even when I was working the golden rule for the customer was "as long as it looks nice I don't care" sad really, spend 10s of Ks on stuff that looks nice but nothing on stuff that can kill or cause damage.
When I was mainly doing work for private customers...rather than contracting, I lost count the amount of times I went around to quote kitchen rewires and the customer would sit there saying how they’ve spent 30K + with the kitchen company but then would look at you like you’ve just took a turd in their kettle when you say it’s a grand to rewire the kitchen....Normal response would be something like “oh I thought it would only be a couple of hundred”

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I've just refused a job replacing some downlights in a kitchen. Large Victorian property owned by the current occupiers for two years. Fully renovated and decorated by the previous owner just before the sale. The prospect of no work to be done is what sealed the sale.

Under the stairs is a hotchpotch of 3036 enclosures and even a switchfuse supplying an upstairs CU for a flat that hasn't been there since the 80's. No cpc in any of the lighting. Rubber twin cables evident.
Thanks but no thanks.

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I went to a job this week where the customer has done about 50K refurbishing their house....New kitchen, bathrooms, heating system, plastered, wood work, decorating, carpets the lot and the house is mostly still wired in TRS that falls apart as soon as you look at it. The Prat didn’t consider the electrics :confused:
What's wrong with after thoughts, eh?:rolleyes:

I've just refused a job replacing some downlights in a kitchen. Large Victorian property owned by the current occupiers for two years. Fully renovated and decorated by the previous owner just before the sale. The prospect of no work to be done is what sealed the sale.

Under the stairs is a hotchpotch of 3036 enclosures and even a switchfuse supplying an upstairs CU for a flat that hasn't been there since the 80's. No cpc in any of the lighting. Rubber twin cables evident.
Thanks but no thanks.
What's wrong with ya sticker on the board safe as houses:D

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Maybe, but he is correct.
True……...but if I could make a film of some of the worst things I've come across over the years it'd make Alfred Hitchcock shiver.
Has the standard of film directing gone down as far as ours, I wonder?

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
What's wrong with after thoughts, eh?:rolleyes:
A few years a go I done a kitchen for a builder.....went there, quoted and arranged a day. Turned up there on the day as arranged and it had been fully plastered, mist coated and the kitchen was fitted. I said something like “ why the F have you done that” his reply “it’s all good, chase out what you need to and we will just easi fill it” :confused:

Ouch , thats going to hurt

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
My thoughts exactly I just want to shout BLOODY GET ON WITH IT!! Like that other tw*t Nagey.
You may think Nagey is what you call him, but he is getting his Name around and getting dosh posting his vids on Youtube, same as Matey on the video we are discussing, good luck to them I say.

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I mean technically the Zs readings were ok as there was 30mA RCD protection.

Also the fitting in Zone 1 was IP44 which he then said he woukd add to the list?

magnoliafan89

-
Arms
Esteemed
My mate is doing his ex rental up to sell i said i couldn't spare the time...so now the plumber is botching the diy.

Spare a few mins the other week to check why the lights kept tripping the rcd found he'd pinch the one cable in the switch but on further examination of a new wall light hed connected a neutral and cpc together, no sleeving on any cpcs joint box after joint box.
These sort of things are so common its unreal

TJ Anderson

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Love the fact he gets a Zs of over 7 ohms at light fitting aprrox 4M away from CU and he then feels he needs to check it against OSG value. FFS. Nob.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of people on here busy slating the guy who made the vid......yeh ignore the crap work and have a pop at him.....let's see you put a vid up so we can all have a look at you......jesus

A lot of people on here busy slating the guy who made the vid......yeh ignore the crap work and have a pop at him.....let's see you put a vid up so we can all have a look at you......jesus
Aside from slating some poor builder trying his best the bloke is an idiot.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Just watching it makes me want to punch that tw*t.
I was going to post,about punching this individual,being a little harsh,based on this one video.
I then remembered,another of his videos,i was lucky enough to enjoy,and recalled the feeling that on that occasion,a punch is what he required.

I cannot say,if on either occasion,physical admonishment,is warranted......but the evidence is stacking up...;)

T

Toneyz

I think that there is a bit of jealousy there, as I have posted before let us see you do a better video of your day with commentary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aside from slating some poor builder trying his best the bloke is an idiot.
slating SOME POOR BUILDER....for one he won't be poor charging for ---- work like that and for two he's gonna kill someone.......but you stick up for the builder.....well done

I think that there is a bit of jealousy there, as I have posted before let us see you do a better video of your day with commentary.
Not sure why anyone wants to watch a video of someone doing a bit of electrical work to be honest. These people are full of their own rudimentary self importance coupled with low levels of skill. He has one video of his mastery skills installing a circuit for a shower, as I say idiot.

D

Deleted member 26818

I wouldn’t post a video of my day at work.
Not only would it be dead boring, my employers might see it and wonder what they’re paying me for.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Maybe not jealousy,but knowing ones skills and limitations...

I haven't posted a tutorial,of me applying make-up,for that very reason ;)

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
slating SOME POOR BUILDER....for one he won't be poor charging for **** work like that and for two he's gonna kill someone.......but you stick up for the builder.....well done
The work is shocking, but no one actually know’s who did it......

Bog standard builders/labourers wiring ...
Probably seen 100+ jobs just like this or worse

Atleast the youtube electrician will likely end up winning a full rewire

Welchyboy1

-
Arms
Esteemed
Just a usual occurrence for me, find stuff like this every single week, dont even raise an eyebrow nowadays.

Just put in an estimate to put it right and move on to the next one

D

Deleted member 26818

Builders like that keep the economy rolling.
Charged thousands of pounds to do the work.
Matey’s had to do an EICR because the builder couldn’t do an EIC.
Now the place has got to be re-wired and re-decorated.
Might even mean some more false ceilings.

T

Toneyz

Builders like that keep the economy rolling.
Charged thousands of pounds to do the work.
Matey’s had to do an EICR because the builder couldn’t do an EIC.
Now the place has got to be re-wired and re-decorated.
Might even mean some more false ceilings.
Nothing wrong with a false ceiling hides all the builders bodge ups.

This is why perhaps an EICR should be required on change of occupation - regardless of renting / private. It would highlight (perhaps) to owners that a cosmetic facelift is not enough and the infrastructure of electrical work must be done. However - looking at the video the builder is the issue - as stated, electrician needed on that team.

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi Reevio and Welcome :) .
To me, the vid wasn't made to impress Electricians and hopefully anyone who sees the vid will appreciate how rubbish that wiring was and who has done it... I would love to know what happens next on that job. Others that don't can always avert there eyes :rolleyes: .

Hi Reevio and Welcome :) .
To me, the vid wasn't made to impress Electricians and hopefully anyone who sees the vid will appreciate how rubbish that wiring was and who has done it... I would love to know what happens next on that job. Others that don't can always avert there eyes :rolleyes: .
There will be a follow up video definitely one this one. I’ve sent the client a quote for the full Rewire of the property which I’m confident I’m going to get. They have lost a lot of confidence in others and are reluctant to go elsewhere. I got recommended to them via another client that was very satisfied with the work I produce.

FatAlan

-
Trainee

Thanks but no thanks.
Weeks work plus materials £3k. But for you Sir I’ll do it for £5k. :D I believe that’s how it works in SW London ;)

T

Toneyz

Not sure why anyone wants to watch a video of someone doing a bit of electrical work to be honest. These people are full of their own rudimentary self importance coupled with low levels of skill. He has one video of his mastery skills installing a circuit for a shower, as I say idiot.
Sorry Westward have to disagree I have watched a few of his youtube videos and he doesn't come over to me as up his own backside He seems to know what he is doing.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Unreal........you have got to watch this in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom