Discuss Unreal........you have got to watch this in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Is it sad that I'm not really shocked ?
Ok it's rare I see an entire completed install messed up that badly, but seeing work of that standard is a weekly thing for me.

Get on your local new build estate for a few eye openers.
Yes I'll bet there are

I went to a job this week where the customer has done about 50K refurbishing their house....New kitchen, bathrooms, heating system, plastered, wood work, decorating, carpets the lot and the house is mostly still wired in TRS that falls apart as soon as you look at it. The Prat didn’t consider the electrics :confused:

Even when I was working the golden rule for the customer was "as long as it looks nice I don't care" sad really, spend 10s of Ks on stuff that looks nice but nothing on stuff that can kill or cause damage.
When I was mainly doing work for private customers...rather than contracting, I lost count the amount of times I went around to quote kitchen rewires and the customer would sit there saying how they’ve spent 30K + with the kitchen company but then would look at you like you’ve just took a turd in their kettle when you say it’s a grand to rewire the kitchen....Normal response would be something like “oh I thought it would only be a couple of hundred”

I've just refused a job replacing some downlights in a kitchen. Large Victorian property owned by the current occupiers for two years. Fully renovated and decorated by the previous owner just before the sale. The prospect of no work to be done is what sealed the sale.

Under the stairs is a hotchpotch of 3036 enclosures and even a switchfuse supplying an upstairs CU for a flat that hasn't been there since the 80's. No cpc in any of the lighting. Rubber twin cables evident.
Thanks but no thanks.

I went to a job this week where the customer has done about 50K refurbishing their house....New kitchen, bathrooms, heating system, plastered, wood work, decorating, carpets the lot and the house is mostly still wired in TRS that falls apart as soon as you look at it. The Prat didn’t consider the electrics :confused:
What's wrong with after thoughts, eh?:rolleyes:

I've just refused a job replacing some downlights in a kitchen. Large Victorian property owned by the current occupiers for two years. Fully renovated and decorated by the previous owner just before the sale. The prospect of no work to be done is what sealed the sale.

Under the stairs is a hotchpotch of 3036 enclosures and even a switchfuse supplying an upstairs CU for a flat that hasn't been there since the 80's. No cpc in any of the lighting. Rubber twin cables evident.
Thanks but no thanks.
What's wrong with ya sticker on the board safe as houses:D

What's wrong with after thoughts, eh?:rolleyes:
A few years a go I done a kitchen for a builder.....went there, quoted and arranged a day. Turned up there on the day as arranged and it had been fully plastered, mist coated and the kitchen was fitted. I said something like “ why the F have you done that” his reply “it’s all good, chase out what you need to and we will just easi fill it” :confused:

Reply to Unreal........you have got to watch this in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock