Discuss Upgrading to BT Fibre 250 Halo 1 from BT Infinity., Engineer Help! in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

godzilla

Trainee
Reaction score
HI All,

I am upgrading from Bt Infinity to the new Fibre with halo with BT. Fibre 250 with Halo 1, so 196-286mb potential.

Some help with engineer visit

What gets changed?

1. Is the bt box in the wall changed to a new one?
2. Is it new wiring, so old current setup is totally revamped?
3. Do they need their own equipment in the house running their BT Hub etc

Reason I am asking

1. I dont use the BT Hub, I am using a Asus RTAC68U and Uibiquti wifi hub
2. main BT wall box was daisy chained to a new location, when we did a extension (but original is still the main inlet).
3. I need to find the BT Hub somewhere in the loft, i don't even know, which one I have!

Dont mind if it redone from the start as I can add the other equipment back in - but, unsure what is actually happening or changing as I can't find much info online.

Anyone have this new BT fibre halo and shed some light

Cheers

That's not what they are installing around here... no BBU anymore was my understanding, but maybe it varies between areas ? I think all they ask for is a double socket nearby for the ONT power and the router power.

I agree that there's very poor information available online. I looked at a neighbour's recent install to help me plan mine.

That's not what they are installing around here... no BBU anymore was my understanding, but maybe it varies between areas ? I think all they ask for is a double socket nearby for the ONT power and the router power.

I agree that there's very poor information available online. I looked at a neighbour's recent install to help me plan mine.

Yip, I cant find anything of use and even pictures of whats actually going to happen.

What i do know, I might need to redo my whole setup cause I cant get a answer on what hub I need too!

Reply to Upgrading to BT Fibre 250 Halo 1 from BT Infinity., Engineer Help! in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net