Discuss Used step ladder for sale in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is in the Cathedral in Cologne, Germany. place is absolutely massive and trying to get a picture of it all when outside is a challenge. you have to lean right back!
was there this week. They use it to reach up the central columns that have candle holders on, also use them for putting up things on the walls. when pushed up against the wall, you can extend the ladder out even further and reach quite some height on it.
I asked one of the guides about it and he said they are still quite common in a lot of old and larger German church buildings as believe it or not, they dont tend to break and people dont steal them!
became really common in the post war rebuilding period as they used to pull them around with donkeys or horses to reach high up on site. They had variations too, some had a pulley system and acted like cranes with counter weights on the base with a rotating stand built in.
Others had the pulley system on the ladder part and acted like a conveyor belt to take blocks and stuff up to the workers above.
good old fashioned engineering that found a solution to the problems after the war ended and it was time to rebuild.

Ah, the good old Wheeled Escape Ladder, London Fire Brigade phased this type of ladder out in the early/mid 1980’s for the 9 meter aluminium extension ladder. My brother was the last training class to be trained on them at Southwark, they were the best, most sturdiest ladder ever, but very heavy and cumbersome, took a minimum of 4 firefighters to move and erect. I had the pleasure to practice with them in the yard of my first fire station.

It is in the Cathedral in Cologne, Germany. place is absolutely massive and trying to get a picture of it all when outside is a challenge. you have to lean right back!
was there this week. They use it to reach up the central columns that have candle holders on, also use them for putting up things on the walls. when pushed up against the wall, you can extend the ladder out even further and reach quite some height on it.
I asked one of the guides about it and he said they are still quite common in a lot of old and larger German church buildings as believe it or not, they dont tend to break and people dont steal them!
became really common in the post war rebuilding period as they used to pull them around with donkeys or horses to reach high up on site. They had variations too, some had a pulley system and acted like cranes with counter weights on the base with a rotating stand built in.
Others had the pulley system on the ladder part and acted like a conveyor belt to take blocks and stuff up to the workers above.
good old fashioned engineering that found a solution to the problems after the war ended and it was time to rebuild.
You do have some strange fetishes to be honest.......

I worked in my former primary school a few years back.... They had a huge pair of metal fold out stepladders for changing lamps in the hall- must have been 10 feet high or more. Heavy and near impossible to carry on your own.
I used them once, but couldn't keep my balance.

Anyway, the old janitor had them out one day for something when we were there... There was a little nudge - luckily no one was on them at the time - and they came crashing down and literally flattened my tradesmans cantilever toolbox...

You do have some strange fetishes to be honest.......
Well what can i say, catholic church, sin and guilt all rolled into one, only thing missing was a nun. but i shall stop there for fear of offending catholics.
Only thing i have a soft spot for is women in high heels! which reminds me i should start looking for the xmas present for the girlfriend!

Well what can i say, catholic church, sin and guilt all rolled into one, only thing missing was a nun. but i shall stop there for fear of offending catholics.
Only thing i have a soft spot for is women in high heels! which reminds me i should start looking for the xmas present for the girlfriend!
Get the tallow out.......

Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 22.55.10.jpg

Saw a guy at the Edinburgh Fringe balancing on an aluminium ladder...he pulled off the plastic end-cap from one of the uprights and pulled out some nylons, saying, "oops, I've got a stocking in my ladder!"

Reply to Used step ladder for sale in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net