Discuss Vacuum and compressor automation in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

We never got as far as EMCD, I was only going through LVD & MD, how did this get to EMCD?
When does emcd apply? Have I lost the plot? You were talking about ce certification? Does ce certification not always include emc?
Also maintaining compliance with emc directive is actually required in all examples given? It's just done by good engineering practice and following manufacturers instructions. Testing is not normally required though it may be, it would seem.

I thin

It's not a stand alone control panel though. It a key switch instead of a normal light switch that switches all the lighting on through a relay in the distribution board.
That depends on what it is, if you put it together and fit it, it's a product, which means it must meet the LVD.

I am struggling to understand why this thread has moved from LVD compliance on to EMC compliance.
The requirements of the two directives are totally different.

That depends on what it is, if you put it together and fit it, it's a product, which means it must meet the LVD.

I am struggling to understand why this thread has moved from LVD compliance on to EMC compliance.
The requirements of the two directives are totally different.
You're right it must be in compliance with lvd. This topic has included other factors as any conversation in this area should

Can I ask the name of your company?

Interesting and fascinating discussion about CE marking and EN standards as ever chaps :) however the OPs location is given as South Africa, I don't think any of these directives apply to him :cool:, no doubt similar national/international equivalent standards do though. :rolleyes:

Reply to Vacuum and compressor automation in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net