Discuss Van broken into........again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

casperLennon

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Bought a new van on Father’s Day and today it got broken into at work. Luckily after last time I don’t leave anything in it. Although they stole my father’s day present, my new trainers. Makes me wonder why I bother working so others can take what they want for free

SCUM! That's what they are! Steal a man's tools to buy a fix...you work hard, pay your way, those bar-stewards don't care.
Those guys who happily buy stolen stuff for a fraction of their value are almost as bad.
The reason you work for a living is because you are a decent human being...never forget that, mate!
Mind you, there are also those guys who are rolling in it but still try to cheat the system...just because they are posh and wealthy doesn't detract from the fact that basically they are scum too. One day, when it's raining and I have nothing better to do, I will tell you a story about a millionaire who tried to wriggle out of paying his windscreen excess when his Bentley was hit by a golf ball...
He suffered, and I'm glad...because he is scum.

That sucks, I remember mine getting done in November one year Christmas was pants

hope you bump into the thieving little gits one day

I bought a load of second hand tools... drills, jigsaw, grinder.....

second hand from a joiner mate. Keeping the text messages between us for proof.

I remember when I lived in Dundee... I had the works van home one night. Knock at the door, some lowlife trying to sell me a 110v tranny....
This was about a week after the site we were on had had a break in... all our Hilti tools gone.
I took a mental note and dropped his description off at the plods the next morning.

I bought a load of second hand tools... drills, jigsaw, grinder.....

second hand from a joiner mate. Keeping the text messages between us for proof.

I remember when I lived in Dundee... I had the works van home one night. Knock at the door, some lowlife trying to sell me a 110v tranny....
This was about a week after the site we were on had had a break in... all our Hilti tools gone.
I took a mental note and dropped his description off at the plods the next morning.
I’ve bought n sold lots of second hand tools, never in a pub though ?

I like the device that sparky fitted to electrify the handles on his van. i do recall another guy, an ex squaddie who replicated the electrical defence from a scorpion armoured vehicle i think it was, basically touch it and get a shock! should teach them... just remember to turn it off before the plod arrive!

I have been looking at little tracking devices, small enough that it can be wired in the battery from an 18v tool. if they steal the tools a good chance they will take the batteries if only to throw them later, with a tracker inside and a decent battery with it, shall give a signal for days if not weeks. will help locate them maybe find the culprits aswell
[automerge]1594668397[/automerge]
seems somebody has already thought of it !!!

they do a range of brands, put one in your tool box or bag and it will certainly give you a much better chance of getting the tools back and finding the thieving B**tards...
even if they do throw the batteries i doubt they will still be wearing gloves the day after the theft...

Last edited:
these thieves are lower than scum. saudi arabia has the answer, you don't see many thieves with both hands cut off there.

I found out last week that some tw*t had pinched my spare wheel. I was on a windy site, dropped something and it blew under the van so clambered under and there it was - GONE. No idea how long it's been gone. Looked at one of the other guys vans today. Transit Custom - VERY simple to pinch the wheel :-(

That sucks, I remember mine getting done in November one year Christmas was pants

hope you bump into the thieving little gits one day
The problem is they'll have more protection under the law than you if did owt.

Crying shame.
[automerge]1594673148[/automerge]
I found out last week that some tw*t had pinched my spare wheel. I was on a windy site, dropped something and it blew under the van so clambered under and there it was - GONE. No idea how long it's been gone. Looked at one of the other guys vans today. Transit Custom - VERY simple to pinch the wheel :-(
Same happened to my Relay, never realised until I sold it and was asked where the spare was.

Last edited:

Reply to Van broken into........again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net