Discuss Vauxhall vivaro 07 issues in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SparkySy

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right so after weeks of my 2.0ltr vivaro randomly losing power and going into limp home mode it has now decided that it's going to do it all the time! So tried the usual things like new filters, map, maf, boost pressure sensors with no luck, ok I will check the egr, throttle body and turbo to see if they are the issue but alas no, all were clean and working as they should. Also should point out that there are no fault codes on the engine.
So I'm thinking either a wiring fault or some other sensor with issues that I haven't already changed!?
Has anyone had a similar issue with thIs? Even on a Renault or Nissan van as they are all the same gear! They are popular vans with several problems I find on the web, but it has been a good Van with no problems till now!
Many thanks for any help
Sparkysy

Right so after weeks of my 2.0ltr vivaro randomly losing power and going into limp home mode it has now decided that it's going to do it all the time! So tried the usual things like new filters, map, maf, boost pressure sensors with no luck, ok I will check the egr, throttle body and turbo to see if they are the issue but alas no, all were clean and working as they should. Also should point out that there are no fault codes on the engine.
So I'm thinking either a wiring fault or some other sensor with issues that I haven't already changed!?
Has anyone had a similar issue with thIs? Even on a Renault or Nissan van as they are all the same gear! They are popular vans with several problems I find on the web, but it has been a good Van with no problems till now!
Many thanks for any help
Sparkysy

Any black or white smoke? Split hose somewhere maybe?

No, no smoke, I checked the vacuum hoses and found no leaks, even checked the vacuum valve to the turbo and all was good!
Thanks for the suggestions!
The wiring on these is terrible so many piano stringed cables or just ran were they are crushed nearly or can rub on something sharp!

No, no smoke, I checked the vacuum hoses and found no leaks, even checked the vacuum valve to the turbo and all was good!
Thanks for the suggestions!
The wiring on these is terrible so many piano stringed cables or just ran were they are crushed nearly or can rub on something sharp!

Any splits in the intake hoses or hoses to the EGR valve?

No, I had to remove the flexible metal pipe for the EGR with it as I couldn't gain access to the bolts on the end of the throttle body and that was all ok, as were the pipes to the cooler and turbo.
Yes I thought it was EGR @nicebutdim so stripped it all out yesterday expecting to find it all clogged up, all was reasonably clean, just required a wipe out with some carb cleaner to remove the little soot there was!

Had very similar issue with a primastar of that vintage

Turned out to be a problem with a wire on a loom or something

Mechanic at main dealer told me later, had traded in for new at that stage

Yeah I could see how that could happen, judging from the state of the loom!
Cheers I will have a look at some more pinch points in the loom already found a few and rectified them so there could easily be more!

Very similar issue to you but mine was showing up injector faults on the computer or whatever u call it

But it turned out to be a "loose wire" I think the mechanic called.it

Nothing to do with injectors after I had spent a bit of money on it

Was looking at spending more again so got rid

At least that gave your Mechanic a code to start with, the problem is mine is not showing any faults on the laptop so it's not even giving me a clue as to where to start with it hence all the things I have tried so far! I will keep looking tomorrow when the rain has stopped! I even checked all the earth's from the engine chassis ect to make sure it wasn't one of them corroded through causing an issue. Took them all off cleaned and re-terminated just to be sure!
What a noodle scratcher!!

No not mine a friend who works for the RAC. I think it is their diag software, I may have to bite the bullet and get the main stealers to run it through theirs! See if that shows anything different, trouble is I don't know anyone who works for Vauxhall so it's going to cost, and I'm tight ?

Yeah I will spend another few hours on it tomorrow and if it's still not right I will take it to the dealers! I like a challenge but this one has beaten me so far!

Hi everyone, thanks for all your input!
Finally got an answer on what was wrong with my vivaro. Had it code read and pressure tested about an hour ago and it's an injector fault on no2.
Relieved to find out what was causing the issues, now just the job of getting the old uns out and new installed and coded!

Thanks again for all your suggestions, much appreciated ?

So today's mission strip my van out and see how bad the injectors are to get out. This is what I found below all the plastic carp when I finally got it off, only 3 bolts to extract and repair for the cover so far!
IMG_20210804_1557125.jpg
A bit of a mess but not as bad as I was expecting having seen some on the web!
IMG_20210804_1558403.jpg
Amazingly all the injector clamp bolts have come out no problem at all! Just need a mate to come with a removal tool and try to shibby the injectors out now! With a bit of luck!!
Sy

Reply to Vauxhall vivaro 07 issues in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net