Discuss Vauxhall Vivaro goes limp in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

There's also a massive difference between something you drove 20 odd years ago against its more modern equivalent.

"I dont like X make of car because the one and only time i ever drove one, it had a rattle" Therefore, every model of that make must be rattly!

You can also get a new car, that is just a lemon. Every other one, same spec, same age... and there's always one or two that has "something" wrong with it.

I think ive owned just about every make going... or at least drove one.... and i dont think theres any that i would say I'm never having ever again
Once bitten thrice shy.

They have investigated, replaced the turbo boost pressure sensor, manifold absolute pressure sensor, vacuum pump, vacuum breather hoses, crankshaft position sensor, inspected the turbo (no play or leaks). Then they sent the ECU to be tested and they said that "components have beed deleted, van had DPF and EGR delete".

Wow, someone has been playing a nice game of 'parts darts' at your expense!

Have the DPF and EGR been physically removed from the vehicle? Or have they just been deleted from the ECU?

Parts darts 🤣 love it!
Unfortunately a lot of places seem to do this these days instead of actually finding the real problem!

Parts darts 🤣 love it!
Unfortunately a lot of places seem to do this these days instead of actually finding the real problem!

For larger jobs we skip the darts and go straight to the 'parts cannon'

It does seem to be the trend with mechanics, plumbers ( the self professed 'boiler engineer' type) etc

Just saw this and wondered why anyone would want to make their van look like a Turkish Dolmus?

Which raises another question... Turkish minibuses are almost exclusively Mercedes Sprinters - do they get a more reliable version of the Sprinter in Turkey? Those things are on the road all day, every day in extreme heat and never seem to miss a beat, yet no one over here has a good word to say about the Sprinter's reliability.
I used to regularly drive a couple of Sprinters (2005 model). They were both permanently fully laden at just shy of 3.5t and, despite the particular model being woefully underpowered for the weight, and so flogged hard, were surprisingly reliable. Started to rust quite quickly though...

Reply to Vauxhall Vivaro goes limp in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock