Discuss Video Intercom for Flats in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been asked to quote on installing an intercom system in a block of 12 flats but instead of the usual audio only kit I have installed in the past they have asked for a video system.

There are obviously loads of suppliers out there for such things but the one other thing they have asked is that the unit has the capability for people in different flats be able call each other in the building via the door entry setup.

I so far haven't found a system that can do this for so many users,so I am looking for suggestions.

Any help greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Paul

It’s a video entry system for security of the building, not a chat to your upstairs neighbour system.
You might find one that can work like that, but make sure the door entry part can still operate when Gladys from flat f is chatting to Mavis on the ground floor.

Just tell them it can’t be done

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions, I haven’t found a system that will do it and they are happy if it ends up being a pure door intercom.

I have quoted an ESP Alperta setup with screens in each flat.

Cheers

Paul

I am looking to move my Bitron Mv100 intercom from one wall to another wall, attached is the image of connections. It looks like a cat 5 cable, which I think can be extended as just need to shift it to another wall half a meter away. As far as I understand Cat 5 has 4 groups of two cables(green, brown, blue and orange), in the attached picture there are additional four, not sure whats that for?. Any help would be much appreciated. I have an inline coupler and other tools to extend Cat 5.Video Intercom for Flats WhatsApp Image 2019-10-26 at 18.32.42 - EletriciansForums.net

I am looking to move my Bitron Mv100 intercom from one wall to another wall, attached is the image of connections. It looks like a cat 5 cable, which I think can be extended as just need to shift it to another wall half a meter away. As far as I understand Cat 5 has 4 groups of two cables(green, brown, blue and orange), in the attached picture there are additional four, not sure whats that for?. Any help would be much appreciated. I have an inline coupler and other tools to extend Cat 5.View attachment 53399
Refer to the instruction manual. it may offer a solution.

Reply to Video Intercom for Flats in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock