Discuss Vivaro/Traffic or Transit? Owners comments...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lazlo

New van time (well probably a 2011 or newer), I'm drawn towards a SWB/MWB high top Transit for extra space but there are loads of Vivaros about but most people that have them seem to think they have dodgy gearboxes etc. If you've got experience of either.......

A friend of mine has SWB High top - he's not ha any issues. Parts are obviously really easy to
come by should you need anything.
I have the new Citroen Dispatch and for a French Van - I'm quite impressed.

ive had the vivaro swb for around 4 month now, no problems at all, get the 2.0 one with a timing chain, im going to get it re-mapped to save even more on fuel costs (already cheap to drive) i would never buy the baguette version, and the nissans are considerably more expensive!

ive had the vivaro swb for around 4 month now, no problems at all, get the 2.0 one with a timing chain, im going to get it re-mapped to save even more on fuel costs (already cheap to drive) i would never buy the baguette version, and the nissans are considerably more expensive!

Oddly my same friend had the Nissan version (primastar) spent 2.5k repairing before he cut his losses and bought the Transit.

Oddly my same friend had the Nissan version (primastar) spent 2.5k repairing before he cut his losses and bought the Transit.
2.5k? Crikey, before i bought mine i had a look at all the forums for vans and tranny drivers seemed to do alot more complaining, I guess its a case of pot luck really, i bought mine with a warranty as well, always a good idea!

I have driven a Renault traffic (2008) for around 2 years now. It feels great to drive, does around 30mpg (town driving) and almost 40mpg on the motorway. I have had no problems with it so far!

consider the toyota hiace. ferg just got 11 plate model for £7.5k. mine's a 04, 173k on the clock, no rust and 40mpg, mixed town and rural.

Pmsl I was just about to say the same, he loves it who are we to judge.

@ Tel can you put in order your most loved ones, hiace,dogs, the wife
Re the vans I drove renault trafics for 10+ years and the vivaro for 2 years and never had any issues apart from obvious issues like we all get.

Transit a lot better van!!

We had transits for years then tried vivaro,kept for a year before going back to transit. So much better.

Vivaro was poor imo, slow, Couldn't get 3m lengths in back, radio so quiet, no space.

Hi I use to have a transit last year I brought a vivaro swb, I'm looking to to swap back to a transit because there seem to be
a lot more space. They do tend to rust a lot but if you got a clean one you can have it under sealed for couple hundred then no problems .

OK got my eye on a 2013, 2.0 CDTI Vivaro with 46k on the clock, £8250+VAT and a 2011, Ford Transit swb 2.2 tdci *115 bhp £7995+vat....going Sat AM to test drive both, probably come home with one or the other.....will let you know.
The Vivaro looks the better option as has Air con and blueteeth......

Pmsl I was just about to say the same, he loves it who are we to judge.

@ Tel can you put in order your most loved ones, hiace,dogs, the wife
Re the vans I drove renault trafics for 10+ years and the vivaro for 2 years and never had any issues apart from obvious issues like we all get.

you forgot beer.

hiace is like me. nowt fancy, no frills. just gets on and does the job.

Last edited:

Reply to Vivaro/Traffic or Transit? Owners comments...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net