Discuss Walk, Don't Walk Part 2 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I joined this forum a while ago to ask for help and advice re this question and am unsure of the protocols I'll link to it here. Walk Don't Walk

Now after a few months researching the tinternet I believe I may have found a solution using an Arduino and now I have a couple more questions.

So before doing so I'll link to an Instructables project which I think may fit the bill but with a couple of emendations. Instructables Traffic Light Controller.

The thing is that the post appears to be fairly old and the links to the parts list are 404.

I have researched the list as best I can, but not being of the experience nor intelligence to know what the parts are I have stumbled at this juncture.

You see as I believe previously mentioned the Walk Don't Walk is currently powered by a UK domestic lamp lead and works perfectly when plugged into a wall socket.

Now the mention of a 9 volt means that there in my head 231 more volts than the Arduino appears to be able to handle and the 9-volt power adapter requires/comes with its own plug. So does this mean that the project will need two power supplies?

Also, the Instructables project post appears to be fairly old, five (5) Years I think and the links to the parts list are 404.

The parts are
1. Inland Arduino UNO R3

2. Sainsmart 4 Channel Relay

3. 9V Arduino Powersupply

I have found on Amazon these which I believe may be from the photos on the Plans

1. ELEGOO UNO R3 Project Super Starter Kit Compatible with Arduino IDE with Tutorial, 5V Relay, UNO R3 Board, Power Supply Module, Servo Motor, Prototype Expansion Bo
2. (Because it comes with some other interesting parts for other projects for a beginner)

3. Yizhet 5V 4 Channel-Relay DC 5V 230V Relay Shield Module Control Board with Optocoupler for Raspberry Pi Arduino PIC AVR MCU DSP ARM TTL Logic (4 Channel)

4. MEROM 9V 2A Power Adapter Supply with 8 Tips and Polarity Reversal Cable Compatible with Arduino Uno REV 3

As I have previously stated any help would be really helpful.

Trickyhicky

Reply to Walk, Don't Walk Part 2 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net