Discuss Watching a car crash - on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Was god damn awful, thought Milldand was going to cry. As for Cameron, FFS, man up , in the good old days of Thatcher, she would have got Paxo by the neck and suggested his questions were rubbish and tell him what questions were most important to the country.... ah the good old days.
Anyway - if Cameron had said "Zero contracts were worrying" he probably would have got my vote, but now UKIP is looking attractive. Both of them really don't know what is actually going on.

Miliband just came out with standard rhetoric, which would have been said regardless of the questions put to him. How anyone can say he won the evening I do not know, Cameron ain't great but miliband has absolutely nothing.

As for so called "zero hours contracts" all agency, self employed and casual staff have effectively been on these for years, I don't see the big deal in it and would assume the vast majority have regular hours anyway.

Are you tough enough? "Hell yes I'm tough enough"

Haha! Bet they had to mop up after him

"I don't want to make promises I can't keep" and "I'd rather under promise and over deliver"

Translated as, "we have no credible alternatives to what the Tories are proposing but will bad mouth everything anyway"

Did anyone notice how many times Cameron mentioned cutting the welfare bill as opposed to how may times he mentioned collecting the £100+ billion owed in tax by millionaires and big companies?
Makes you wonder where his priorities lie

Did anyone notice how many times Cameron mentioned cutting the welfare bill as opposed to how may times he mentioned collecting the £100+ billion owed in tax by millionaires and big companies?

He mentioned it as many times as ed millibars gave a plausible answer

The priorities of ALL of them is the same and it's their Bank Balance and Back Pockets.

If it wasn't for Politics they'd all be unemployed as not one of them can be trusted to do anything with any degree of competence - other than lying, fiddling and thieving.

Hmm I must have watched a different debate. The one I watched saw Cameron not answer one question that the audience asked. He certainly changed the first three as I made a point of moaning about it to my misses. Paxo did a mini number on both of the but at the kill point in each question to Cameron he let him off the hook rather with a shall we move on...He did nothing of the sort with Miliband and went right in for the kill...which he should have done to both.
The audience member who asked about his brother was out of order and should never have been an "allowed" question. Kay Burley was a complete cow towards Miliband and was much warmer to Cameron How many times did she interrupt Ed ?
Paxman going on about are you tough enough ? WTF is all that about - he is not in an arm wrestling contest - is he tough enough intellectually ? Of course he is ffs.
The UK has sway above its size on the world stage. I think no matter our politics most of our PM's have kept that place. Remember you can only negotiate with what you have to offer. But I really do not get that question....How many concessions has Cameron's coalition government achieved out of Europe ? Tough ?
Is the UK full - NO would have been a good answer. Im sure both Miliband and Cameron actually agree on that. Neither seem willing/able to tackle WHY people think we are overcrowded. There is answers to the problem that actually do not involve cutting immigration nor leaving the EU..... but that is a political hot cake.
All of the fuss about Miliband not doing deals with the SNP ? What about the tories coming out and saying they will not do deals with UKIP ? I fear UKIP in government in any shape or form much more than the SNP.
I think the whole show was rather bland....two men in the same building at the same time but Cameron refused to debate head to head.....I think his performance in this show proved his advisors totally correct...I would not let him anywhere near an intellectual head to head with Miliband if I was his advisor.
Funny bit at the end "Are you all right Ed ?" "Yeah sure are you .." lol trying the old Brown caught out by the BBC trick

He mentioned it as many times as ed millibars gave a plausible answer
The point is about the tory priorities mate. They'd rather persecute the poorest members of society than make their rich mates cough up what they should.
Maybe some might think that's ok, I don't

The point is about the tory priorities mate. They'd rather persecute the poorest members of society than make their rich mates cough up what they should.

Trev, I think Cameron has had a pretty good go at embarrassing companies that use tax management to keep their overall CT low. I was actually quite shocked when the likes of Amazon, Google, Apple, Cisco, Starbucks etc were targeted. IMHO, UKGov have no chance of doing anything meaningful on this subject except get the CT rate down. As for individuals, well Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow were also targets. IMHO - HMRC set the rules and well paid experts minimise their impact, all quite legally, its up to HMRC to sort themselves out. However multi-nationals have many options at their disposal, don't expect much more CT from them anytime soon.

HMRC estimate that figure mate, they also say that is what they think is recoverable if the government would finance their options properly.
Instead, the government employs approx 3000 people to try to recover the estimated £2 billion in overpaid/fraudulent benefit claim but only 200 to reclaim the £100 billion + owed and recoverable by their mates.
Fair enough Davey C, nee bother.

What I thought was bang out of order was that milliband had obviously watched Cameron as he referred directly to a Cameron answer.

In the 13 years of New Labour they made our tax system so complicated not even HMRC understand it. Hence why clever accountants can run rings around them.

Interestingly the UK is now spending more than ever so something has to change. Work has to pay. Houses have to be built and the population growth has to be brought under control.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the 13 years of New Labour they made our tax system so complicated not even HMRC understand it. Hence why clever accountants can run rings apps them.
Oh come on, you can't blame the labour party for the stupidly complex tax rules. It's been like that for bloody ages, even before they got in last time

Reply to Watching a car crash - on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock