Discuss Weird callout for later on Gremlins abound ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just had a text from a regular client but is a weird one and nothing I've heard before, just wondering if anyone has heard anything like this ?

Kitchen weirdness:
Last night extractor was very hot to touch so I turned all the sockets off overnight. Now the big oven won't work.
The microwave has been on high for 15 minutes for something frozen, the micro is very hot too on the outside casing but not on the inside and food still frozen solid and plate still cold too.
Seems very strange and we're worried as we go away on Monday !

Going to be fun working this one out !

Is the lighting affected (if it's all LED they won't notice anything).

It might be a low voltage fault. LED Lighting works as normal, TV's etc work as normal, anything with heating elements and motors either doesn't work as normal or just doesn't work

Is the lighting affected (if it's all LED they won't notice anything).

It might be a low voltage fault. LED Lighting works as normal, TV's etc work as normal, anything with heating elements and motors either doesn't work as normal or just doesn't work
There are a few fittings now LED but most are filament I think plus she did say upstairs those touch lamps come on by themselves sometimes now, I've had one before where a bedside small fan change on speed setting made it come on

Find out if the filament lights are dim.

Has she contacted DNO to see if there is a fault in the area?

I've had a couple of strange faults that where low voltage DNO faults, things like Digital Showers came on of their own accord. Anything with a motor doesn't like it at all.

Find out if the filament lights are dim.

Has she contacted DNO to see if there is a fault in the area?

I've had a couple of strange faults that where low voltage DNO faults, things like Digital Showers came on of their own accord. Anything with a motor doesn't like it at all.
Thanks guys, I don't think she's called dno or anyone but I'll bust out the new Megger and go off there in an hour when she's home, cheers

Hey all unfortunately seems to be a silly problem as all alright at board and ring final etc.. hot extract is stainless and roofer husband had replaced lamps under cowl with too high wattage halogens so heating the stainless up fast and melting the plastics around them ! Fan etc.. all fine other than that and oven was clock ! As she turned off at cooker isolator upon panicking, she swears the oven always worked before without clock being set. Then microwave no idea but needs to try again as nothing wrong with socket outlet and ran earth continuity and ir test etc with my little mft pat test adaptor while there but no issue showed up. Shame not something better to pick through but oh well.
Thanks anyway, and she's happy I didn't charge anything. Have a great weekend all

Reply to Weird callout for later on Gremlins abound ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net