Discuss Wessex led floodlight in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone used any of the wessex led flood lights from toolstation? Iv just installed a 30w with pir.

After install and testing, turned it on and it's very dim with a few leds on the board not lighting at all.

Anyone seen this?

Attachments

• Wessex led floodlight 20201029_171925 - EletriciansForums.net
    20201029_171925.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
Was the PIR you installed a relay contact output or solid state output?

Rubbish, take it back, assuming you've checked the voltage to it as O.k.

I've got a 30w LED flood made by someone else, you can't even see the LEDs
Wessex led floodlight LED flood - EletriciansForums.net

assuming it is installed correctly, it is a faulty unit.
send it back

a 30w led floodlight is not something you are comfortable staring at for more than a second.

Agree, if the floodlight came with the PIR sensor built-in and if it's deffo got 230 ish volts at the connection then return it for warranty claim.

I think it was a Wessex I installed a little while back with no problem. I've had issues with the older style LAP ones not lasting that long - in fact found one full of water a while back which really shouldn't be possible since they come pre connected with a flex....

I think all the ones at the budget end are much of a muchness... At least it's fairly easy to swap at Toolstation or Screwfix.

Slightly off-topic here, but LED...
I bought this:
https://www.screwflix..com/p/erbaue...VDu3tCh1fxARAEAQYASABEgLdQfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
a couple of days ago, and it is amazing (so far) for the price.
Excellent portable light source, and even runs at 1/4 power while charging.

I bought this:
https://www.screwflix..com/p/erbaue...VDu3tCh1fxARAEAQYASABEgLdQfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Yep - have one of those myself and works very nicely for CU changes. The chippy I work with has one and calls it his Ebola light....

Amused by the fact that they call it Wireless though - hitting those search terms...

I bought this:

I have a couple of the same 20W lights in 240V and concur that they are indeed an excellent source of light.

I bought this:
I've got one too. Got a unilite work light that was much more expensive and I have to say the erbauer is better in every way battery life if far longer

I've got one too. Got a unilite work light that was much more expensive and I have to say the erbauer is better in every way battery life if far longer
Interesting.

It was reviews mentioning battery life that put me off rechargeable erbauer lights. Unilite receive high praise from youtubers, but good to read real life experiences.

I won a unilite on a YouTube comp. I have to say I'm not that impressed. The on button is really glitchy, it works fine for about 10 mins then stays flickering. Give the on button a fondle and stays flicker free for a good 5 mins. Batt life ain't the best either.

Glad I didn't buy it

Some place had a decent deal on one of the Unilites recently - either 500 or 750lm. I was tempted, but miserly instincts ultimately won over.

The erbauer lights aren't exactly small, but the pair I have are perfect for 95% of jobs I need them for. Might pick up a rechargeable one at some stage...

Some Wessex have a lumens setting knob on the back which allows you to control brightness . That may be why some of the LED panels are not lighting (until the setting is turned up ) ?

Reply to Wessex led floodlight in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock